Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
swap schedule?

Posted by new-gardener123 (My Page) on
Fri, May 15, 09 at 17:14

How does the swap flow? Tomorrow will be my first. When is the speaker? When is the swapping? How does that work? What time does the whole thing usually end?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: swap schedule?

Usually we arrive around 8 AM to give everyone time to look at what everyone's brought. Then I think they usually start the actual swapping at 9 AM (although a lot of us fudge a bit lol). Then we go to noon or so, have lunch, and then the talk with the speaker is after that. Not sure if we'll follow this exact schedule this year, but Jeff will sort me out if I'm wrong. :-)

o

Thanks April; you were spot-on!

I just got home and I still have at least TWO trips to make to Chapel Hill tonight.

o

Chea...i'm leaving work right now to go straight to HD, then home to prepare. :)

o

Lets all be prepared to eat as soon as everyone has swapped so that we can start the speaker before it rains. I think we will be on borrowed time as it is.

Evelyn

o

Everyone repeat after me

NO RAIN

o

Rain rain go away...come again another day...after the swap. ;)

o

I'm glad I read this...I was going to show up at 9. Will be there 8ish now. :)

o

One hand ,two fingers crossed--NO RAIN--if you do that on both hands--FLOOD-"BAD LUCK", heard that since a child, one hand only for what you may be wishing for. Any one know the song and CAN SING ---"Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head"?

o

Just like at Yasgur's farm in 69'..., "No rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain.

Guys I still have one more trip back down to Chapel Hill tonight but I'll see ya'll bright and early in the morning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here