Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andi956

thanks!!!

andi956
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm just back from the swap and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was so generous with their plants *and* knowledge (and, of course, organizing the event)! I took the scenic route home and that was great, too.

I can't wait to get in the dirt and see how things work out.

Thanks, everyone, for such a fun day.

andi

Comments (21)

• Dave Townsend
    15 years ago

I have to second Andi's thanks! Everyone was so generous with their plants. Also thanks to Jeff for organizing the swap. I think everything went off great. Good job all around! I enjoyed going to my first one and hope to make another one soon.

• msbasselope
    15 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the time at the swap. I was finally amongst my people. I have been working on a 50th wedding anniversary for my parents since the first week in February and desperately needed a break. I have been finally relaxed and not in a panic mode, if anyone has been here then you know (four weeks left until the anniversary party). I am thankful that I am able to do this for my parents but really needed a diversion and for that I thank Jeff and all his hard work and everyone I was able to see, meet, and talk with. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am a true believer in the power of gardening and it's healing powers and I have been healed today. I will be out tomorrow thinking of everyone and planting. Thank you everyone and I will be back in October and look forward to talking with you until then. I know that one is not supposed to say "thank you" for any plants (an old wives tale), but I will say thank you for renewing my spirit and for the kindness of others. It was an honor to meet my gardenweb family.
    Again thank you Jeff and family and everyone else.
    Cindy
    (the one with the Clivia and purple shamrock)

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Whew...What a day! Been on the go since 4:30 this morning but it was worth it.

At times these semi annual excursions seem a bit overwhelming. (Like when I'm digging and potting and packing and loading unloading reloading repacking....) But I would like to thank our newest swappers for restoring my sense of wonder and excitement. I mean I always enjoy it once the day gets here, but today seemed a notch up in that area.

Not that it isn't nice to see old friends too. It's kind of amazing how much like minded people can bond over a few hours a couple of times a year. Gardeners are just good people. *grin*

Jeff! Feeling better now? You pulled of another one dude. Well done!

The new location worked out well, I think. I do think we need to somehow keep everyone a little closer together next time though. My knees doth protest loudly. Two rows of swappers would be about right I think.

Thanks to everyone for the neat plants we now have. Looks like the next several non-rainy days will busy ones. But again, it's worth it.

OK. I'm starting to ramble on a bit. I think supper has befuddled my brain. Either that or all that fresh air and sunshine has left me drained. Either way, it was worth it.

See you all in the October!

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

First of all I want to let yaÂll know that Norm and Barb are fine. Their grandkids and great grandkids popped in unexpectedly so they had to bail on us which is totally understandable.

Secondly, I want to thank all of you guys!

Thanks for the plants you were so generous in giving us.
    Thanks for all your help and cooperation.
    Thanks for being such good friends.
    Thanks for putting up with me!!
    Thanks for coming.

This deal wears on me sometimes and I get stressed and dejected on occasion but you all make it worth while. YOU make the swap; it sure ain't me! You could get any stooge to do what I do... obviously. Our people are what make the MTPS such a successful, exciting, informative and all around fun event. So my thanks goes out to all of you guys because there wouldnÂt be a MTPS without you and your enthusiasm. Pat yourselves on the back and give each other a round of applause.

And how about some props for Lucas? What a great job; just think how far he could go if he could just get over his timidity and introversion!!!

Well Lavonne and I are just about to collapse so IÂll wrap up this post by saying that both of us love and appreciate yaÂll more than youÂll ever know. You are always in our hearts.

Jeff & Lavonne

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed my day! Thanks to everyone. I think is was the best ever for me. It was fun to see "old" friends there and meet so many fabulous first timers. I was able to give away all by one of my plants plus I went home with everything I had hoped to get. Now, how good is that? I continue to be amazed at the variety of plants at these swaps. You guys are some serious (addicted) gardeners. The food was delicious as usual. Our swap king (Jeff) did a superb job searching for a new swap site and making sure that everything ran so smoothly. It worked so well. Jeff, I know you made many trips down there and used a lot of gas, which with gas prices, is quite significant. I hope you got some great plants to make up a little for all your time, money, and stress. Hope you are all chilled out.

Thanks to Lucas for an informative and fun presentation. You shared your vast knowledge with a great personable presentation style. (Your related well with your audience)

Hope everyone gets your plants in the ground soon. See you in October.

Ann

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........

Thanks to everyone for the great day! After my sacrifices to the gods of gasoline today, I am very glad that I'll be closer by the time the next swap rolls around.....

• Nancy
    15 years ago

Perfect weather, wonderful plants, and best of all, the friendliest group of people I've ever met! I was late getting there and left early-well my plants were swapped, I forgot my food, & I had promised my husband we wouldn't stay too late so he could visit family that live down the road. Seemed like if it could go wrong yesterday morning, it did, but the swap itself was a blast. I was feeling a bit timid going among so many people had never really met, but when I got there I felt like I was with old friends. I really enjoyed meeting everyone & putting a face with a name. The thing that really blew me away-I "forced" my husband along for support. He is NOT a gardener, but is talking about how he is going to get me better organized for the next time WE come. !
    Great job Jeff, I thoroughly enjoyed every second.
    Nancy

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff and everyone for making us feel so welcome.That was my very first plant swap and those were the friendliest group of people I have ever met,and you talk about generous,I never expected to come home with so many plants.Also I want to thank Rhonda(ladybug)for introducing me to this place.Also the food was awesome.Cant wait til oct.Dont worry Jeff i wont bother to register,but i will be there...velvet

• columbiajen
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness, all I can say is wow and thank you so very much. This was my very first swap as well. I was so surprised how welcoming and awesome everyone was! Everyone was so willing to help answer questions and I got some great plants. In the fall I will not have to work so I can be there for the whole day. Jeff, You are a great host, and Lucas I really enjoyed your talk. Thanks so much again! Cant wait till fall to see all my new friends again.

Jennifer

• mari5us
    15 years ago

What a delightful day ---Perfect weather, wonderful food, great plants and being with all my plant swappin' friends!!
    Jeff--- you really rocked out on finding a new home for our swap. I truly miss being with Jan and Jim , but the location is great and being closer to home is fantastic, especially with gas prices today. Thank you for all you've done to make this day happen, you really did an outstanding job !! And thank you and Lavonne both for spending your anniversary with us!!
    Lucas--Your presentation was over the top, I learned much and enjoyed the talk immensely- thank you. And thanks for the daylilies too.
    I spent the day today planting and was reminded of my friends as I planted each plant. Thank you all for sharing your gardens and yourselves !! I enjoyed meeting all the first timers and newcomers too -- I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall!!
    My friend Jan was a newcomer and she is hooked !! She loved it and can't wait for the fall one.

Marianne

• mspam
    15 years ago

Thank you to everyone for your hospitality. I'm the gal in the process of relocating to the area, "homeless" at the moment, and therefore unable to swap anything. But I sure enjoyed your company and the food was terrific! I look forward to learning from you all on the forum and participate in the fall swap. Thanks to the swap "committee", especially Jeff, for making it possible, and to Lucas for a fine presentation!
    Pam

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone for another awesome swap! We didn't get back to Knoxville until about 9pm. We made a stop at Burgess Falls nursery to see Lucas' daylilies in Cookville. We all collapsed when we got home. Came home with some cool plants and got them in the ground yesterday between rains.

Joe, I forgot to get that cd from you! Email me and I will send you my snail mail address if you want to drop it in the mail.

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Rebecca: Jeff has it in his capable hands now. When I ran across it as I was gathering up things you had already left.

Saturday's photos should be ready for widespread viewing in a day or two. I have a Men's Group meeting tonight, but I should be able to work on them Tuesday.

I downloaded them to my PC last night and made a first culling pass. 519 frames shot, down to 201 possible keepers. Stay tuned!

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Fantabulous swap! Jeff you are smooth as silk. I guess that is what happens when you get your stress out of the way early. Great job my friend! I so look forward to seeing all my old plant friends at the mtps. You all just do not know what great medicine you are. I really had a hard time on the drive there as Mom was not with me. All the familiar faces really put salve to my wounds. I am very glad that I went. The newbies are great. In a world that seems so dog eat dog there still are generous, kind folks. The smiles and gratetude is heartwarming to say the least. The new folks that showed up seem like another patch in the quilt. They will fit right in. I loved this swap! Lucas is a superb public speaker. I did wonder about the rumours going around that Jeff was going to sing James Brown and Lucas was going to dance. he he. Big hugs to all, Rhonda

• dlhl
    15 years ago

We, too, absolutely loved the plant swap. My mother and I went together and truly enjoyed our day. We enjoyed meeting everyone, as this was our first swap. I am still attempting to find a place to plant everything I received! I learned alot from Lucas. He did a great job. And thank you, Jeff, for putting it all together. I know it was not at all easy. See you all at the Fall swap! Debbie (and Rita)

• thedaylilykid
    15 years ago

Jeff, the swap was great! And to everyone else thanks for all the kind words, and thanks for making my head bigger than what it already was... :)

• thedaylilykid
    15 years ago

Just wanted to remind those in garden clubs and master gardener groups, that I AM FOR HIRE! :)

• thedaylilykid
    15 years ago

I was free this weekend, just ask Jeff, he supposedly mailed me a check months ago..... ;) haha. Ok, now I'm done.

• april_h_o April Moore
    15 years ago

Yep, great job, Jeff and Lavonne! I will miss Jan's place, but this was good too, just different. We'll adapt.

But I agree --had some great new folks at the swap and I think I made some new friends. (Will be calling you, Elizabeth.....) It truly is amazing how like-minded a group of gardeners from so many different backgrounds can be! And it's always a pleasure to see folks I have known for a few years now once again, especially after missing out last year. Thanks to all of you for sharing your great plants with me.

Evelyn -- We'll see how the chameleon vine does -- doing a little experiment here to see how much water it can take.

Ann -- I will remember what you told me about Dame's Rocket. Thank you again!

Rhonda -- Thank you for sharing that sage with me. I came home with two new sages, so I'm a happy camper. :-) I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Pat -- Hope y'all made it home okay with that truck-load of plants! What a haul. And, remember, it's a plant *swap*, not a plant swipe. *smile*

Also, kudos to those of you who brought your parents out with you on such a chilly morning. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, as they say, and you are all good people.

Hope to see y'all in the Fall, too! I will be looking for seeds of white plants for my new moongarden....

--April

P.S. Lucas *did* do a great job. He listed a lot of great plants for all of us to keep in mind. But then, I expected him to be brilliant --he's gone to the best school and had the best education! :-)

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

You know when I read these posts after EVERY swap and see one and all describing the MTPS with words like amazing; enjoyable; exciting; delightful; fabulous; fantastic; friendliest; fun; generosity; gratitude; heart-warming; hospitality; informative; kindness; thankful; welcoming and wow it really makes me incredibly proud of you guys for what youÂve all accomplished. I've said it a million times and I'll say it a million more... you guys are the BEST!!! Maybe it sounds corny but it actually does make my heart swell with pride. IÂd love to share this wonderful experience that we all have at the MTPS with everyone! It's like Mona said last night... the MTPS is more like a loving family reunion where you also get to take home flowers.

On the flip side it makes me truly wonder how in the world we arenÂt inundated with an attendance from everyone that has ever visited GardenWeb or heard about the MTPS! After reading these declarations IÂd come simply out of curiosity to see what the big hoopla was about! IÂm at a loss for words to understand why we donÂt have to put on four swaps a year just to accommodate everyone. How can you deprive yourself of so much joy for such a small modicum of effort? If you love cool plants, great food, enlightening lectures and youÂve never bothered to come to the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap whatÂs wrong with you? :-)

Mark your calendars now for the fall swap on Saturday, October 18th. WeÂll start doing the registration thing on the MTPS website in September. YaÂll come!!!

• tly59
    15 years ago

I'll jump in on this thread and add one more "thank you" to all involved in organizing this - it was a great day - I brought 2 friends with me - one came last year and the other was a newbie to this event - and we all had a great time! We will definitely be back!

Good luck with the garlic! Mine is about to bloom - scapes taller than me! The scapes make great dried additions to dried flower arrangements, by the way. I wish I had remembered to bring the dried ones I have to display.

Blessings to all - I'm headed out to the yard on this beautiful week-end!

Teena

Sponsored