Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Free plants @ the Knoxville Plantswap

brandon7 TN_zone7
17 years ago

I want to encourage people with little or no plants to trade to come to the Knoxville Plantswap. Some worry that if they don't have something to trade, or even something really special to trade, they shouldn't come. This is entirely not true!

Many of us are going to have way more than we want to take back home. I estimate that I will have around 75 plants at the swap. I hope not to come home with more than about 10 to 12 plants that I will trade for. That means I will be giving multiples out in trades and giving some away for absolutely free.

I posted a sample list of plants (the ones I am bringing) on a post in the Tennessee Gardening Exchange page.

Check out the website below and make sure to mark May 27 on your calander!

Here is a link that might be useful: East Tennessee / Knoxville Plantswap

Comments (7)

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

Thanks for bringing up this subject Brandon!

I too, have far more plants than I have beds to plant them in. I have my swap list posted on the Knox Plant Swap Forum, and will add it to the Exchange Page. Once I get everything planted this weekend (hopefully) then I will be in a better position to update my extras - - and there should be a lot!

I haven't left a swap yet without going home with a few items, but I have tons of plants to find a home for with no trade needed in exchange.

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Hey Nat! Do you by chance have any passiflora cuttings laying around :)? I had about 6 passifloras last year and only one survived the winter indoors and I have already planted it out in another spot. I haven't seen any in the nurseries yet. Doug and I are having an open garden during the Region 10 Daylily summer meeting in June. I have an oblisk that needs to be covered quickly!

Hollar at me if you do and I will work something out with you. I might have a daylily or two :D.

Rebecca

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

Rebecca,
    I don't have any passie cuttings, but I have seeds started for Butterfly Pea Vine (Clitoria ternatea)and Scarlett Runner Beans - - both which bloom quickly and attract the hummers. They both should be in bloom within 6 weeks. Let me know if you want me to put some of the seedlings in a pot for you.

I did see Red Passifloras and gorgeous large Mandevillas at Popes Greenhouse just last week. I'll also keep an eye on Emory Garden Center as they had tons of passies last year.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    17 years ago

I saw passifloras at Willow Ridge this week....hmmmmm.....I THINK it was Willow Ridge....anyway, whoever it was had two different types...dang, now I feel brain dead for not knowing for sure which place it was!

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Thanks Nat! I think I will keep looking for Passifloras. I haven't been out to Pope's yet this year. Went to Stanley's last Sunday and stocked up on coleus and some fun perennials. Pope's gets me in trouble, LOL!

Rebecca

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

It does me too! If you have a Knox County School Coupon book, Popes has a coupon in there.

• sondra_tn
    17 years ago

I am planning on going..sorry I haven't been posting much though...been busy with softball and getting ready for my first swap tomorrow...
    I will list what I have to offer after tomorrow's swap...:))

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone