Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
velsgarden

thank you jeff

velsgarden
14 years ago

Jeff,just wanted to say thanks for another job well done.This was only my second year and I think you and your wife are just great.Thanks for putting on a great swap.You will have some big shoes to fill,but I know Rhonda will do a great job.....Velvet

Comments (12)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Ditto...great job Jeff. This was my first swap, but you & only you, originally convinced me (easily, I must say) to go. =) Big props! I promise, I won't hold the Vols thing against you. ;)

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Yep, big props to Jeff and Lavonne! Thanks so much for all your hard work. It was much appreciated!

• Jan_Hobbs
    14 years ago

I knew Jeff would pull off another good one. And I know that Rhonda will do as good a job...she will need all the support ALL of you can give her. You have no idea the work and pressure that goes in that job.

Did you get rained out today? How was the swap? How many did you have?

I spent the day still cleaning up from the big flood we had on the 1st and 2nd of May...and still not done. If you were still coming to the campground for the swaps, we would have had to cancel it.

Thinking about all of you.

Jan

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Thank you Vel, Steve and Connie but it's all of you guys that make the MTPS the kickin' event that it is, not me.

I'm not dumb enough to think for one second that this event wasn't wonderful before I came along (Jan & Mona-thanks, we love you) and will continue to be so with Rhonda at the helm.

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Dang Jan, you were posting the same time I was.

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Jeff, A million thanks to you for everything you have done for all of us through the years. I could write an entire page of thanks for just one of our swaps. You and Lavonne are top notch folks. I'm proud to call you my friends. Rhonda

• veggielover
    14 years ago

Jan,
    Sorry to hear that you guys got flooded:( Im praying for a speedy clean up for you.

No we didn't get rained out, it was a beautiful day! Im not sure how many people were there. I would say about avg, maybe a few more than we had in the last couple of years. A good mix of old and new faces.

We all miss you Jan!

• april_h_o April Moore
    14 years ago

Well, Jeff, I've already told you how grateful I am for all the effort you've put into this event for us over the years and, of course, we all know Lavonne is awesome, already, so anything else I might say would just be repeating myself!

:-) Looking forward to seeing Rhonda have to call YOU down for a change for talking during one of our speakers' presentations! LOL. Will take the pressure off me! hehe

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    14 years ago

Thanks for everything, Jeff. Great swap! I'm sorry I couldn't stay for the talk after. I hope everyone enjoyed it!

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Thanks again guys! And Lavonne passes on her thanks to ya'll as well.

When I did my head-count around 10:00 we were at 90 but then several people came late --- I won't mention any names :-) --- so we ended up with right at 100.

• veggielover
    14 years ago

I don't have a clue as to who you wold be referring to there Jeff '_'

I don't have the words to tell you how much I appreciate all the time, and effort, that you and Lavonne have put into every swap that you have done. As frustrating as I'm sure it was for you at times, and than having a day like we had on Saturday, the smiles, the laughter, new friendships made, has to make it all worth while. I thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

I said I wasn't going to mention your name Kathi Pulley from Waynesboro, TN; Sumwhere20@hotmail.com. Ooops did I just let that slip?

You weren't the only ones at all; although you did stand out since you are a regular and we expect you to be on time especially since the kids we already ready and had to wait on you. But far be it from me to point fingers and cast aspersions. :-)

We had several couples come in late because they waited on the weather. One guy even showed up from Spring Hill after everyone had left. I loaded him up!!!

Thanks for the sentiment gal, we appreciate it. I'm torn between being bummed-out and ecstatic. Just like the rest of life, it's all about highs and lows. We had a wonderful run but it's time for a change... for me and for you guys. Ya'll are going to like Rhonda running the show so much better anyway!!! She's waaaaaay more together than this old spastic geezer.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting