Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Spring 2009 ETPS - Results

brandon7 TN_zone7
14 years ago

We had another fantastic swap! We exceeded our record with around 50 to 60 in attendance (I actually forgot to count before people started to leave). Many new faces this time!

The weather was great. The location was very nice with plenty of convenient parking right next to the huge new pavilion. The food was just unbelievable. It was like going to a royal banquet. And I think everyone had a blast. I didn't even have to beg too much to get rid of my tightly packed pickup load of plants!

I've been planting stuff up all day and, thankfully, I've got tomorrow off to finish up. Now it's time to nurse my sunburn (next time, somebody kick me if I'm not wearing a cap).

Thank you everyone that worked to make the swap such a wonderful success. Even if you just showed up, you played an important part and your effort is appreciated! Everything went so perfectly smooth, and that couldn't happen without all of your help, ideas, and excitement.

Comments (7)

• madmouser
    14 years ago

That was a great swap! There were a lot of new faces and I heard from all the newcomers I talked to that they had a great time and plan on becoming regulars.
    Several newcomers came with nothing, since they were just starting out as gardeners and just wanted to see what it was about or get some pointers. They were overwhelmed by the generosity of the swappers and left with lots of plants.
    I've got photos and will get them up on the website this evening.

• TnShadyLady
    14 years ago

I can't get over the large turnout we had. And ALL of the new folks were very gracious and I believe most, if not all, will be back for future swaps.

Brandon, I had expected it to be rainy most of the day and I failed to put on sunscreen. So, I'm sitting here with icepacks on my arms trying to take the burn out of my sunburn! But the swap was fantastic and well worth the burn!!!

Many, many thanks to all that participated and I hope to see you all back.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Some of the new people were from the East Tennessee Iris Society and the East Tennessee Daylily Society. I invited both clubs and we had at least 3 from the Iris Society and at least 2 from the Daylily Society.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    14 years ago

Well, at least I'm not the only one who got toasted! LOL!

Everybody should give huge thanks to Brandon, Cheryl, and Laura for all their hard work in putting on the swap this year. As usual a great time was had by all, and it's all due to their efforts!

• krikit
    14 years ago

Yes, I'd like to thank this amazing trio - you guys are the best. Thanks for giving so much of yourselves, and for being so gracious to all who attended. You folks make it happen!

• mari5us
    14 years ago

I'd like to 2nd Ione and Frances and add my thanks too. Brandon, Laura and Cheryl you all did an outstanding job!!!
    This swap was simply amazing !! It was hard to believe how much it has grown and how many people came this spring. The newcomers were most welcome and really contributed with several bringing wonderful food even if they did not have plants !! I really enjoyed meeting and talking with the new folks as well as seeing all my old friends. Thank you all for a wonderful day. :)
    Marianne

• atokadawn
    14 years ago

Sounds like you all had a great time. Keep up the good work!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022