Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Past Vacation Pictures

brandon7 TN_zone7
13 years ago

I was playing around with these earlier, and figured someone here might enjoy seeing these slideshows. Click on a cover page below to start a slideshow. Click on a picture over at the side of the slideshow if you want to examine an individual picture.

{{gwi:359995}}

I don't know why the horizontal spacing is messed up in the lower portion of this post. It probably doesn't matter, but it annoys me that I can't figure out what happened. If you are a computer geek and know what I'm overlooking, let me know.

Comments (6)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's another set. These are from the Washington Park Arboretum.

• krikit
    13 years ago

WOW - those are some really nice pictures. Washington Park is my fav. The moss covered bridge is just beautiful. And are some of those camelias? - like the two tone pink/white bloom? Thanks for sharing. Really nice!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, the Japanese garden at Washington Park is just like stepping into another world. The niwaki techniques used on the trees, the attention to even the smallest details, and the apparently almost unlimited budget all work together to make it a wonderful and unforgettable place.

The South Seattle Community College conifer garden is impressive too. It's one of the larger conifer collections in the country. I remember my astonishment when I walked into that garden.

I wish I had many of regular photos digitized. I used a really good non-digital SLR camera until just a few years ago. You should see the pictures I have of places like the National Arboretum.

I remember going to the National Arboretum with probably six or eight rolls of film. As soon as I started looking around, I knew I had to go get more film. I left, bought more film, and then came back better prepared. I saw so many things there that just totally blew my mind (many very very very old bonsai trees, absolutely huge dwarf and miniature conifers, and all kinds of rare stuff). To me, that place was as least as impressive as any of the Smithsonian museums, but there were only a handful of vehicles. People just have no idea what they are missing!

• columbiastock
    13 years ago

Fantastic pictures, thanks so much for sharing! And for always helping your gardening friends out with our questions or problems across the state !!

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Brandon - the National Arboretum is on my list of places to see while we are on vacation in DC this autumn. Gonna make sure I go with all of my digital cards cleared off before we get there. That's the best part about digital - you can take all you want and then pick and choose what to keep.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, when I bought my analog SLR, most consumer grade cameras were digital, but a digital with the quality I got form the analog was not available at a reasonable price. Then, when the better digital cameras came down a little, I already had the money tied up in the analog camera. I final graduated to a digital about three years ago.

If you love plants like me, be sure to leave plenty of time to explore the National Arboretum. I went for a half day the first time, and then went back for another half day when my schedule allowed. I'm about ready to go back and see what's new. It's a very impressive place.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors