Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intimidator_3

A river by any other name

intimidator_3
15 years ago

Is not quite the same. The plants were many, the people(around 80 I heard Joe say) and fellowship were great, and the food was plentiful(five tables full if I recall), and Jeff deserves to have all of the atta boys heaped upon him that we can send his way for putting together the "PREMIER" swap in the state.

The venue was terrific as well. Now on the Duck River instead of the Buffalo for the first time since its inception, the swap for me had a little bit of a homesick feeling to it. I missed the traditional campfire gathering the night after the swap with many of the faithful regulars and a visit that night from Jim as well as early the next morning.

Although Im sure that many new friends and traditions will develop with our new swap spot, lets not forget that our motto "Meet me at the River" started with Jim and Jan Hobbs at the Buffalo. While your thinking about it, now would be a good time to send all the kudos we can muster to Jim and Jan as well for kicking off whether they knew it or not, a great tradition.

Doug

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design