Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Updated news on the MTPS

Posted by bigorangevol Nashville (jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net) on
Thu, May 15, 08 at 22:33

I just found out today that we will not have access to any electrical outlets where we are setting up. I thought that we would but evidently I wrong and dropped the ball. (I know what you're thinking, "What a shock!")

So for the fall we're going to have to rent a shelter. I'll see if I can't get Karen Moore (Park Director) to cut us a deal.

BUT... I have a contingency plan. If ya'll are bringing any food that needs to be kept hot I can run it over to Tim & Cindy's house. They just live a couple hundred yards away from where we are setting up.

By the way, Karen will be coming by on her day off to check us out. She is excited to have us and is curious about the whole swap thing. I told her to come by and grab some grub. Lets be awfully nice to her! It would be VERY thoughtful if a few of us could hook her up with some plants to take back home!!! (hint, hint, hint)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Parking

Look at the Directions Page on the website and you will see two small parking lots. We cannot obstruct the flow of traffic through the park so if we start to back up I want everyone to go into those two lots and unload. Once you have unloaded we will get your stuff set up for you and you can go park your vehicle. THATS why I want everyone getting there early because I have no idea how we are going to effect the traffic flow of the park.

Thats just another of the myriad of unknown logistical factors that well have to work out on the fly this time. Hopefully the fall swap will run smoother. Im having a lot of first-night jitters right now because EVERYTHING is an unknown at this point. Ive gone from my comfort zone of knowing more or less exactly what to expect to spazzing-out because I have no idea whats going to bite me in the rear Saturday. My anxiety level is through the roof right now. Anybody have any Kevlar boxer briefs and some Valium or Prozac I can borrow? :-)

o
RE: Updated news on the MTPS

Jeff, You got to mellow, Dude. I will be there early to help. If you would rather me bring finger food rather than ribs let me know. I will be there to help. Meditate don't medicate. Rhonda

o

The ribs are fine. We can take them over to Tim's.

I've been down there all day and I'm getting ready to load up and go back. I won't be online tonight.

If you need to reach me just call me at 615-310-4155. I'm sure I'll be up past midnight.

o

We are in the process of adding to the MTPS Picture page so keep checking on those at: http://www.midtnplantswap.com/Pictures/pictures.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here