Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

MTPS Food

bigorangevol
15 years ago

I've heard little to nothing about who's bringing what to eat!

Since 75% of those that have bothered to heed my pleas about registering are first-timers... remember that we have a pot-luck lunch guys so bring some good grub along with your plants!!!

I'll be bringing a mess of Banana Pudding made from scratch (sans calf slobber; I don't do that). If you like meringue on it then you'll be out of luck.

I'm very dissapointed but I pray that more of our regulars will go to the website and register this week. If not, then it looks like only about 25% of them are going to show up.

With all the new first-timers we will have in excess of 100 attendees so it will be a wonderful swap regardless.

Comments (15)

• msbasselope
    15 years ago

Well I will be bringing chicken spaghetti.
    I am a first timer and am really excited about it and have notified some bloggers at our local newspaper to help gather interest. I have registered and already have everything done except cook. My plants are labeled and my table is already in my truck. All I have to do Friday is load up and put my cover on the truck. I am in Shelbyville and am planning on leaving around 7:30 a.m. I will get there around 8ish. My clivia are wanting new homes as well as my spider plants and shamrocks. I can't even get to my patio to do anything for all the plants that are in crates ready to go. I am really looking forward to a day with fellow gardeners. This is a day just for me.
    Cindy

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Jeff, I sure would feel bad if our old timers missed out on your famous pudding. I will be there for sure! I will bring my usual ribs and probably another dish as well. Look forward to meeting all the newcomers. Rhonda

• mari5us
    15 years ago

Jeff,
    I'm bringing a Mississippi Mud Cake and another dish.
    Mmmnnn---Rhonda's ribs and your nanner pudding !!!
    Marianne

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Cindy -- watch out with notifying the general public about the swap -- we ran into BIG trouble with that one year!

As for your clivias -- are they named? Do you know anything about them?

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Cindy - Hopefully your bloggers aren't catering the same crowd Ms. Cheap was. That was a nightmare....

But even with all the people looking for free stuff, some people managed to have a good time.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The thing is that since this is being held at a state park we are required to have the MTPS open to the general public. So thatÂs out of our hands. That being said, we may very well have some "walk-ups" and "just-out-of-curiosity" people show up but no way will we have 400+. If we ever have another number like that yaÂll will have to carry me out on a stretcher with a ventilator!

Remember, if you need directions just go to our website at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/Directions/directions.html and print them off. ItÂs really a piece of cake to get to HHSP.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, I've bumped every dadgummed thread to the top.

Let's hear some chatter.

• msbasselope
    15 years ago

I informed the Shelbyville Times Gazette blogger to go to the Middle TN Plant Swap web site for all information as to time, swap rules, registration, etc. I doubt if any of them will attend. There are not a lot of gardeners that I personally know who will go to the extreme that us true die hard gardeners will go to.
    The clivia came from a close friend and they are the orange blooming kind (almost UT orange--Go Lady Vols).
    Cindy

• tly59
    15 years ago

Hey - this is from the newbee who came last year with the unusual garlic - (more coming this year...)

First - food - I will bring a couscous (small pasta) salad w/veggies in it and some turkey sandwiches for those of us keeping it healthy! (Although I will digress if the banana pudding and Mississippi Mud show up...) I have two friends coming from KY who will bring food and plants also.

Second - I heard about this swap through Ms. Cheap - so her PR did reach some good gardeners!

I'm going to reply to the "what am I bringing" post next...

Teena in Franklin

• veggielover
    15 years ago

Jeff I hope you got my registration :)

I was a little slow this year getting into the groove, but have been getting plants rounded up over the last couple of weeks. I will probably end up getting there on Friday, since I have such a hard time with getting ready in the morning.

For food I will be bringing ham, brownies, some chips or rolls, and homemade suckers.

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Teena: Please accept my apologies for painting last Spring with a broad brush. I know there were a lot of serious gardeners there and a lot of people that behaved themselves quite well. Unfortunately those aren't the ones that stuck in my mind. (With a few notable exceptions.)

Those of us used to a nice sedate meeting of fellow gardeners were really overwhelmed. Particularly everyone that threw themselves into the fray and tried to keep some semblance of order.

At least if things get that large again we won't be negatively impacting anyone's livelihood.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Can I bring drinks of the carbonated variety?

We have decided not to camp this year, so we will be hoofing it to the swap that morning from Knoxvegas and then driving back home that night. Glad Doug will be driving :).

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Darn, I was hoping to sign up for the sodas. Oh well! Uhhhhhhmmmmmm......

How about I bring strawberries and whipped cream again?

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Ione, I won't bring enough to supply the whole gang. :) I was thinking a couple of 12 packs. We can never have enough sodas!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Well okay then! I'll bring strawberries and soda. :-)

Warning to all sugarphiles, though -- all my sodas are diet! =:-o

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling