Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Got Plants? (ETPS)

brandon7 TN_zone7
12 years ago

If you're new to gardening and in need of plants, consider attending the East Tennessee Plant Swap on May 28, 2011 at New Harvest Park. Details can be found at the website linked below. You don't have to brink a lot to get a lot. We always have tons of plants in need of a good home. I'll be bringing more plants than I know how to fit into my truck, and plan on coming home with as few plants as possible. We need people that want to give our plants a good home!

If you are an old pro (or a young one, for that matter), consider attending the East Tennessee Plant Swap. We always have some very interesting plants and lots of friendly fellow gardeners. Come meet local people that share your passion for plants.

BTW, check out our FAQ page for more details about the swap.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.easttnplantswap.com

Comment (1)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here's what I have to bring so far, for an example of what you might find at a plant swap. I actually have a lot more to bring than what's on the list, but I'm trying to figure out how to get it there (we might bring another vehicle). I really need to find homes for some of my tree seedlings and a bunch of houseplants (only a few listed here).

Seedlings - Trees (all seedlings will be well established plants but smaller than typical nursery plants)

- Catalpa bungei (Manchurian Catalpa) - somewhat tropical looking tree
    - Catalpa speciosa (Northern Catalpa) - somewhat tropical looking tree
    - other Catalpa species - somewhat tropical looking trees
    - Maackia amurensis (Amur Maackia) - beautiful, medium-sized tree for cooler, full-sun area or an area that has just a little shade during the afternoon
    - Maackia chinensis (Chinese Maackia) - beautiful, medium-sized tree for cooler, full-sun area or an area that has just a little shade during the afternoon
    - Pistacia chinensis (Chinese Pistache) - tree with fantastic fall-coloration

Seedlings - Other (all seedlings will be well established plants)

- Ruta graveolens (Rue, Herb of Grace)

Divisions, Etc. (all are well established plants)

- Dahlia - large pots with one or two big clumps of tubers, prime colors/patterns but not labeled as to which is which
    - Iris 'Little Red Devil' - dwarf bearded, red-purple, in one gallon pots
    - well-known, compact cultivar of Itea virginica (Sweetspire) - this one is still small, but growing well
    - Polianthes tuberosa (Tuberose) - large pots with three to five clumps of bulbs

House Plants

- Crassula perforata 'Variagata' - small well-rooted cutting
    - Epiphyllum - beautiful flowering strap-leafed cactuses, probably best in a hanging basket or somewhere where it has room to spread out, these are still kind-of small cuttings (starting to really take off) and I don't know which is which species/cultivar
    - Haworthia venosa v tessellata
    - Kalanchoe daigremontiana (Mother of Thousands)
    - Kalanchoe tomentosa (Panda Plant)
    - Schlumbergera x buckleyi (real Christmas Cactus - not the other species/hybrids commonly found at the big box stores and frequently mixed up on the Dave's Garden site, etc)
    - various other succulents if anyone is interested

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner