Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug37091

What stuff would you like from the MTPS

ladybug37091
15 years ago

Hi All, What are some plants that you would like to have this spring? I am working on a memory garden and looking to plant aruncus, astilbe, azaleas, bright and colorful plants that are deer resistant for shade to part sun conditions. I would love to hear what you would like to have. It would be nice to bring plants that someone is especially looking for. Rhonda

Comments (21)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Named variegated plants that I don't already have!

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

The strange and unusual. My wife likes stuff that is strange and unusual.

Wait a minute......

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

LOL!

I am looking for plants that like the dry shade under pines. Also looking for hardy agave, cacti and such for a new area we are planning. So far we have one agave perryi!

I am always looking for tropicals!

Rebecca

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Rebecca -- I'll bring some small opuntias (not the normal wild native) along with the agave, you can see if you want them!

• wild_rose
    15 years ago

I wouldn't turn down anything, thought I'm most in need of sun perennials.

Doc, I sure wish I had something you need in exchange for some of those Hostas! I only brought a few with me and left most of my favorites behind.

• dlhl
    15 years ago

I would love some perennial verbena, forsythia, any variety of hosta (I want to start a hosta garden), and really anything else you want to get rid of! This is my first swap - looking forward to it.

• dlhl
    15 years ago

Oh, and I forgot - I would love a peony bush (or two)! Any color.

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

I suspect we'll see plenty of all that at the swap. The Peony may be more of a stretch though.

Joe for better or worse...she got it in spades!

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

If I can dream big, I would love to have a piece of daylily 'Arctic Lace', but I do know that is quite far-fetched since it is selling for around $100 for a double fan!

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Maybe next year our "Midnight Oil" Black Iris will be ready to divide. This is its third year so either next year or the year after I'll have one to bring to the fall swap.

We got some Iris at the swap last year that are a dark yellow with standars & falls that are 5"-6". They are HUGE! It's the biggest Iris bloom I've ever seen.

Argyle Acres and Blue J Iris have some great ones to choose from and they are all $2.50-$7 each.

• Nancy
    15 years ago

My list would change every day, if I see it I seem to want it. I'm hoping for a musa bajoo especially, variegated willow, ferns,tricyrtis, or come to think of it I want some hosta too-like blue mouse ears, sum & substance, Abiqua drinking gourd, or blue angel. Always up for daylilies or iris I don't have already. I know I'll be bringing some daylilies & iris I'll be thinning out.
    Question: is it ok to bring daylilies/iris bare root, or should I be potting them up now. Not sure I can find pots for them.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Yes, bring the Daylilies and Iris bare root. No need to waste the dirt and pots if you dig them a couple of days before the swap. Just be sure to trim the foliage halfway down for both.

Rebecca

• Nancy
    15 years ago

Thanks Rebecca, that will make things much easier.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Ummmmmm.......I just potted up some Blue Mouse Ears yesterday.....I'll probably be potting more of other hostas, possibly Sum and Substance and/or Abiqua Drinking Gourd.....what iris have you got?

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

I can bring a truck load of pots if anyone is interested.

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

ngraham, I should have a musa basjoo for you. What daylilies will you be bringing?

• Nancy
    15 years ago

The daylilies I have plenty of & will bring if I get them all dug are Crimson Pirate, Bonanza, Autumn Minaret, Autumn Red, My Melinda, Little Audrey, Little Grapette, Hyperion, & Dumortieri. If you spot something on my list of daylilies though that you like, I can check to see if I have enough to divide. Many I just got last year, & even the ones I got 2 years ago suffered from the drought. Still, there are several there that I can probably bring for a musa :) I've really been wanting one, & they just aren't available around here.

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

Anyone have canna 'stuttgart'? I have canna 'Pink Sunburst' to trade or eucomis (pineapple lily) 'Sparkling Burgundy'.

• thedaylilykid
    15 years ago

Jeff, I'll take the pots!

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Cool! I've got a mess of them taking up space in the barn. They are just black plastic ones but I have more than I'll ever need for potting stuff up to bring to the swaps.

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

What stuff would I like from the MTPS?

At this point I would just like for everything to go ok and everyone have a great time!

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional