Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug37091

MTPS question of interest

ladybug37091
14 years ago

Hello fellow swappers, Everyone is invited to respond to this question but I especially would like to hear from the newest members of the group. All you lurkers that I so enjoyed chatting with at the spring swap this is your chance to have something to say as well. The fall swap is going to be my first as the new MTPS director. What do you know? Or more importantly what would you like to know? In looking for a speaker for the next swap, I would like them to cover a topic of interest to our silent group (lurkers),our newest members and members that are on the quiet side with thieir questions. So please if you will post your thoughts and ideas. I am eager to spur your interest and conversation. You might even have knowledge of a topic that the rest of us would like to hear about. Heck for that matter I might have to pull an old rabbit out of the hat but I sure would love to hear your interests. Thanks, Rhonda

Comments (15)

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Well you are nice to ask us Rhonda!

Off the top of my head what I think might be interesting is plant propogation. How to go about rooting cuttings and which plants do it well. With times being what they are, it makes financial sense to acquire new perennials by dividing or rooting. It would also help some of us have more to bring to the swaps! ;)

• cottagegirl_tn
    14 years ago

I echo Connie's post! I love to propagate things and it would ultimately result in more plant swap material. I am especially interested in what might grow in a simple mist system.
    Jennifer

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Who wants maters off what will probably be a 10+ foot tall Cherry Tomato plant? =) I'll be bringing some to Fall MTPS.

- Steve

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

I think Steve just volunteered to give a talk on growing 10ft tall tomato plants!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

hahaha...ummmmmm...uhhhhhh...

• palmetto_gardener
    14 years ago

I second the plant propogation idea. I didn't pay enough attention to my mother and now I find myself wanting to start some of the "old" flowering shrubs.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Tomato plant at 7 feet tall now & still growing. =) I'd like to hear about plant propogation also. Specifically, vegetable plants.

- Steve

• ladybug37091
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the input gang. I am liking what I'm hearing here for sure. I have a specific tip for you, Steve. If you take a broken piece of tomato branch and stick it in a glass of water with an air stone in it, you will have roots within two days. It makes use of the suckers you pull off from the branch crotches. My Aunt has tomatoes in the winter just by keeping her a few plants in sunny windows. Rhonda

• palmetto_gardener
    14 years ago

What's an air stone?

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

What's an air stone? lol...Something I should probably know about, it seems. =) Sorry I haven't responded sooner. My membership was suspended for a few days for reasons i'd rather not discuss. ;-)

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

...snicker, snicker, snicker. :-)

• ladybug37091
    Original Author
    14 years ago

An air stone is a stone of sorts that is usually used at the end of an air tube in a fish aquarium to make decorative things like treasure chest lids open or wheels move. It adds air to the water.

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

When is the next MTPS?
    jim_6b

• ladybug37091
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Jim, The next MTPS is held on the third Saturday of October. Hope to see you there. Rhonda

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Thanks Rhonda. I hope I can make it this time. I've been wanting to come to a swap for years but there is always something that keeps me from making it. I have so many plants I want to give away. I will have a lot of seed that I have been collecting from my plants. I usually have free seed offers on the seed exchange forum and take all of my extra plants to work to give away but this fall I would like to bring them to the swap.
    jim_6b

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals