Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Seeking Input for the the Fall 2011 ETPS and Future Swaps

brandon7 TN_zone7
12 years ago

If you plant to attended or think you might possibly attend the Fall 2011 East Tennessee Plant Swap, please let me know if you would rather have...

_____ A. the swap held on a Saturday at Tyson Park or

_____ B. the swap held on a Sunday at New Harvest Park

Secondly, for next year and future swaps would you rather have the swaps on...

_____ C. a Saturday morning or

_____ D. a Sunday sometime after noon.

Comments (5)

• evasage
    12 years ago

This fall I prefer the New Harvest Park. In the future I prefer Saturday morning. I have not been able to attend the last several spring swaps due to other commitments, not because I did not want to attend. I love the swaps. Keep up the good work. I really appreciate your efforts.

• katiedidcottage
    12 years ago

Brandon, we still do not have things going good enough to divide anything yet, but I'm hoping for next year to have something to divide and share. If I were able to come, Saturday morning is always better, because that gives you time to plant (or at least get everything into some dirt). Most people have to be back at work on Monday morning and having it Sunday afternoon just doesn't give you much time for doing the planting. I'm not familiar with either of your parks, so I cannot make a judgment there. Do you know if Knockout Roses can be propagated by rooting? I have heard that my Bridal Wreath Spirea can be rooted. What about little bits of Pampas grass cut off from the main plant?

• krikit
    12 years ago

I too prefer Saturday morning - and of course New Harvest is very convenient for me but either park is good! And, as Eva said - "thanks for all your hard work"

Frances

• RedBird_7a EastTN
    12 years ago

Sunday afternoons tend to be better for us because of regular Saturday conflicts (soccer) during much of the fall and spring. However, if it is held on a Saturday I will do my best to be there. Tyson Park is quite a bit closer for us, but I am absolutely willing to drive to New Harvest Park for the swap and it is a wonderful spot for children.

On a related note, I have been working on rooting some rose cuttings (old roses) for the fall swap but so far no success. However, I will keep trying and hopefully get the hang of it before too long. I would love to be able to bring old roses to the swap.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Update....

Cheryl has invited us to have the swap at her house this fall. We've had a swap there before and things seemed to go well. So, since New Harvest isn't available for our fall swap, I'm pretty sure we'll take Cheryl up on her offer! Tentatively, the fall swap will be on Saturday, September 24 and will start at 10am. Setup will begin at 9:30, for those that want to get there a little early. We will probably do a potluck lunch at either 11:30 or 12. At this point, we have no plans for a speaker or program, but if anyone has an idea or what like to give a talk, please speak up! We'll post a map and directions on the swap website soon (hopefully). I'll post an announcement here in this forum when things are more definite.

Sponsored