Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atokadawn

Do you know

atokadawn
14 years ago

that this forum is the slowest forum on Garden Web? All the others are always busy. Thier members even post OT things just to keep in touch. It is a shame.

The most activity is only around swap times.

I myself have tried to do everything to post things to keep posts coming. But I have given up.I am sorry.

We have a BIG state. I know we have tons of members. Even in winter it is slow in here (no excuses of being outside).

All I ask is, WHY???????

Comments (16)

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

I don't know! I have been "cheating" over at the daylily forum. :) I wish our peeps would post more often too!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Ditto. ;-) My original disgruntlement with this forum was because of what you state. Jeff knows this...lol. I'll start with a link to my new blog post from today. Baby hot peppers & 2 baby Early Girl maters are my newest discovery. Yay me! =) First post at top of Steve's Garden.

I have another concern I guess I could bring up on this thread. I'm moving to a townhome (with a nice yard for a garden!) in a little over a week. It's out 2 miles away from where I currently live. How the heck am I going to transport my 2 hanging basket Cherry tom plants w/o damaging them or having tons of maters fall off them? :( Any & all help appreciated. They are both quite tall, one over 6 ft tall now.

Peace - Steve

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Steve,

That's the least of your worries. You're getting a place to grow stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

To help add more activity I'll tell you what I did yesterday in the garden in the link below.

Congrats on the new place Steve. That will some challenge to transport those maters. Maybe wrap them in some sort of blanket/bag and hope for the best. Something will break probably but just stick it in water and you get another tomato plant!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave's Garden Chores from Wednesday

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Wow, I wish I could get all that done in one day. lol. After I get home from work & finish the honey-do list, i'm lucky to get 30 minutes of sunlight to work with. :-\

Another note (related to plants I got at the MTPS!), I've harvested a bunch of Lemon Balm & some Chocolate Mint too! =)

brandon: Yea, I know how happy that makes you. ;-) Just messin'. I guarantee you, the plants would have grown just fine on the porch they will leave soon.

- Steve

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Steve,
    It doesn't do much for me, but I'd think it would be really exciting for you. If we switched places, I'd be happy about it. I have 25 acres to toil play with, and, every time I read one of your posts, I think I can sense how badly you want more room to grow things.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Chea...tell me about it! lol...One of these days, i'll make a bit more money, buy me a few acres & use most of it for gardening. =)

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

Steve,

We gardened for several years on the back porch of an apartment much like you are doing. We couldn't wait to get some space. The problem is now I think I try to do to much!

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Well I've been covered up with work so I'm not complaining about that. With all the storms we've had this week more jobs should be rolling in next week so there's no end in sight.

The problem is that I can't find any time to get squat done in the yard except to mow. The weeds are flat-out taking over everything we have.

I haven't been able to get on here in two weeks!!! I desperately need to be doing paperwork and estimates right now but I just had to pop in and see what was going on.

Congrats on the new place Steve! Give me a holler and come by to shop for stuff to fill the new empty spaces.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Jeff: Thanks. =) I'll deffinitely stop by. A good few of my soon to be neighbors appear to have a wicked plethera of items growing. I want to be the winner! ;-)

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Wonderful news Steve! We all love it when someone gets more "Dirt Space".
    For me it is canning time, beets and beans. With the heat have been spot watering, but had to pull out the hoses, I hate dragging them around, takes 1 1/2 hour for the front and 1 1/2 for the back. Has rained 1/8" in a week here.
    EVERYONE STAY COOL! !

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Some MTPS plant related news...As some of you know, all 11 of my hot pepper plants were thoroughly obliterated last year by spider mites & aphids, not giving me a single pepper! Not even the wee baby ones you see/get right after the flower falls off! Well, anyways, my first hot pepper plant to flower came from the flat of 6 various (Burpee 5 variety pack, I think) hot pepper plants I got from the MTPS. Luckily, not a stinkin single spider mite or aphid on it yet this year either! Yay! Check out my wee baby hotties. =) There's about 5 of them on this plant so far.

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

yeah I wished this forum was a bit more active too. I can't do too much outside today as my 16 yo daughter is entertaining a couple of young gentlemen friends....I don't like this!!! They are going to get thrown out later so I can mow the yard or I am going to be thrown out of the neighborhood. Lani, I cam down with a really bad cold after we talked about getting together. Let me know when a good time for you is.

Mary

• cinlo
    14 years ago

I'd like to see more activity, too. I've asked questions before and been disappointed by the lack of response. I know some people may think I could find the info doing a Google search, but it would be great to get first hand info from gardeners right here in Tennessee.
    I'll admit I don't answer many (if any) questions because I'm new to gardening and don't know the answers.
    I will try to comment more on threads to help increase the activity, and I'm sure I'll keep asking questions, too!

• paperart
    14 years ago

Just wait until you have more space to garden - you will spend every waking hour in the yard and be so tired at night that you will not even want to look at the computer! I wish I had more time at home. I work 3 ten hour days and I am pooped by the time I get supper done. I can't wait to retire so I can blog, blog, blog and garden, garden, garden!

Here is a link that might be useful: gardening tips, birding, art

• novice_2009
    14 years ago

you are so right. I thought this would be a great forum to chat with and learn from gardener's in my state, dealing with the same weather, pests, etc. I was excited to find it, but like you said, most activity are threads on the swaps. You have started some cool threads, atokadawn. Please don't stop! Yeah, we are all busy right now, and I don't even own a computer, but I still get on my sister's a couple of times a week. Maybe we could just post about how our gardens are doing, what we are growing, what we did in the garden that day, share recipes for homegrown veggies, etc. Anything!

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery