Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irisaddict

Please bring to the fall swap........

irisaddict
13 years ago

It is too hot to garden so might as well work on our wish lists.

hop seeds, plants, or just a gallon bag of the blooms for a project (not beer)

Plum yew

Agapanthus "Elaine"

Gourds big enough and thick enough for martin houses

Evelyn

Comments (125)

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Judy - I will just put your name on the bushes that I already have ready to go. I also have a silver maple if you'd like to have it - it has been growing all summer in my flower bed, about 2' tall.

Heather - if I still lived on the farm - you could come and pick more than you could possibly fit in your truck. Now I am trying my hand at pomegranates - I am up to two trees - woohoo! :D If you have an Angel Wing Begonia left - can I get one? I got one at the spring swap and apparently I coddled it to death. :(

• palmetto_gardener
    13 years ago

Heather, The redbuds plus yellow wood seeds and ginkgo seeds sound great. Also some verbena if you have some left. Sounds like I'd better skip the coralberry. Thanks for the warning on ginkgo--from what I read the females don't fruit for 20 years so that problem can be dealt with when it occurs.
    Tiffany, thanks for the bushes. I'll skip the silver maple as I have not had good luck with it in a previous place, i.e., very brittle, lots of dead limbs falling, etc. May not be the same, but I'm hesitant to take a chance. Many thanks for the offer though.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

I don't know if I should even bother coming. :-\ I have a handful of succulent babies and maybe one or two other plants to bring, some gardening supplies & thats about it. :( I'd almost feel bad bringing that little & then going around and collecting things I want from others. I can at least bring something yummy to eat! Still don't know if I want to go or not since I have so little to offer this year.

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Steve - you should still come. Basically, since you moved and lost alot of your plants in the move, you are starting over as a new gardener again (well new in the sense that you don't have much to offer). When I came in the spring - afraid that I just didn't have much to offer - I was welcomed and encouraged to come anyway - there would be plenty of food and gardening friends and the chance to bring home a few or even alot of plants.

I came - and I made some new friends - had wonderful food - and brought home a vanload of plants!! What a blast!!

So - I will say exactly what was said to me. New and old gardeners are welcome to the swap - come on and enjoy a great day with others that share your love of gardening.

I keep telling myself - it won't be long, and I will have more plants to share than I know what to do with...and there will be more newbies coming to the swaps with the same worries that I have now... And so the cycle goes...

Now - you better be there - I have a grape tomato plant with your name on it. :D

Tiffany

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Tiffany: Ok, I guess i'll come. ;-) I should have a few goodies, but half of them will be gardening supplies, not plants. Thanks for the tomato plant!

- Steve

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

I have to echo Tiffany - nobody should hesitate to come because they don't feel they have much to offer.The fellowship and shared knowledge is what helps make our swaps more than just a plant free-for-all, and each and every one of us enriches the experience!

I have to rescind my offer of yellow water irises cuz yesterday I gave them all away to a neighbor who really needed them. On Sunday I'll list the rest of the goodies I'll be bringing, so you guys get ready! 9 DAYS TO GO!!!

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have been such a bad GardenWebber. My yard hasn't had any measurable amount of rain in the last 2 months and I haven't watered so it is way too dry to dig plants.

I think I will come to say hi, though.

I wanted to invite everyone nearby to the meeting of Spring Hill Garden club tomorrow as our speaker will be Margie Hunter, author of
    http://www.gardeningwithnativeplants.com/

Our meeting will be at 9am, this Saturday the 9th at the Winchester Community Center at 563 Maury Hill St. Spring Hill. (Downstairs)

Give me a call at 931-381-0626 if you have any questions about the meeting.

Evelyn

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

There don't seem to be as many people checking in as usual. I think we might be a small group. Small but mighty. :p

All my stuff has been potted and ready to go for a couple of weeks. My list is final now.

Looking forward to it - looks like we might have a lot better weather this year!

• tngreenthumb
    13 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I was about to chime in with Steve and say I wouldn't have much.

Then I got motivated and have (so far) the following to bring.

Multicolor Butterfly bush 15
    Brug "Species" 4
    Mother of Millions (Kalanchoe) 17
    White and Yellow Shasta Daisies 10
    Black Taro elephant ears 30+
    Brug. Grand Marnier Pink (potted) 1
    Brug. Grand Marnier Pink cuttings 30+
    Brug. Melon Kisses (potted) 1
    Musa Bajoo 1

I will try to have some more fresh Brug. cuttings from the Melon Kisses and Maya (varigated) by the time I leave out Friday. Maybe another banana or two if I have a lot of pups.

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Oh wow - I'd love to have a multi colored butterfly bush! Please look at my list and see if there's anything I can trade you for one!

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

tngreenthumb: what an exciting list! I got some quick questions.

Does your hardy banana ever bloom and set fruit?

Are your black elephant ears the clumping or running style?

And when you say 'multicolored butterfly bushes', are the blooms multicolored or do have multiple different colors of butterfly bush? and which colors?

I'm so bad... like I NEED any more plants! :D

I'm gonna go out and pot some more things today and I'll post my revised list tonight.

CONNIE: my ninebarks are already beginning to lose their leaves! Must've been the three nights of near freezing temps that's triggered dormancy. I will still bring you cuttings, but I'm not as confidant they'll work. I do have a special surprise plant I'm bringing you that I'm pretty sure you'll love :)

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Heather, thanks - I'll try them and who knows? I had really good luck this time of year with cuttings. I'll put them in a little soda bottle greenhouse outside and see how they do. :) Ooo, a special surprise - I can't wait!!!

• tngreenthumb
    13 years ago

Heather: The growing season here is too short to get fruit on the bananas. That takes about 18 months from what I've read.

The butterfly bush have multicolored bloom heads. Pastel purple, pink and yellow if memory serves. I'll try and get a photo up somewhere tonight.

The black taro elephant ears are clumping. I dug up seven clumps and in addition to the 30+ I'm bringing to the swap, I have 15 or so larger pots of them.

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

Alright swappers, this is most of what IâÂÂm bringing that hasnâÂÂt already been reserved; feel free to request these poor ratty babies whether you have a swap offer or not:

Orange cosmos, 6â pot (1)
    Purple Beautyberry, 4â pot (1)
    Verbena probably âÂÂHomestead PurpleâÂÂ, 4â pots (5)
    Sad little redbud seedlings, 6â pots (3)
    Sedum âÂÂMatronaâ cuttings (20+)
    Purple torenia, keep in for winter to plant out next spring, (2)
    Unknown color Rose of Sharon, large 3G pot (1)
    Combo of spiderwort and verbena bonariensis, 6â pot (1)
    Variegated liriope, 1G pot (1)
    Mystery salvia, could be may night or mystic spires?, 1G pot (1)
    Parthenocissus, Virginia Creeper vine, 6â pot (1)
    Jewels of Opar, keep inside over winter, 4â pot
    White speckled houseplant, 4â pot (2)

Herbs:
    Peppermint, 6â pot (1)
    Garlic chives, large 1G pot
    Thyme and Lemon thyme, 4â pots (7)
    Pineapple Mint, 4â pots (4), 6â pots (2)
    Julep Spearmint, 4âÂÂpot (3)
    Moroccan Mint, ultra intense spearmint, 4â pots (6)
    Orange Mint, 4â pot (1), 6â pots (2)
    Lime Mint, 6â pot (1)
    Pineapple sage, 6â pots (2)
    Lemon Balm small pots (3)
    Purple Ruffles Basil, 6â pot (1)
    Red Rubin Basil, large divisions (5)
    Lemon Basil, 1G pot (1)
    Sage 4â pot (1)
    Greek columnar basil cuttings, root easily in water, (20+)

Sacks of seeds like larkspur, cosmos, zinnias
    Birdseed bundles, dried 4â tall or 18â tall
    Misc pots and flats

These IâÂÂm bringing on behalf of Jim:
    Seed
    Soapwort 1 cup
    Lambs Ear 1/4 cup
    Wild Bergamot 1 tsp
    Orange Cosmos 5 cups
    Lemon Balm 3 tsp
    Blackberry Lily 2 cups
    Purple Liatris 2 cups
    Purple & White Cleome 3/4 cup
    Paw Paw 20
    Purple Hyacinth Bean 1/2 cup
    Bulbs
    Dracunculus vulgaris 1 blooming size and 6 small ones
    Amorphophallus konjac 60 to 100 bulbs ranging in size from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch.

And a couple special things that IâÂÂm reserving for special swaps :)

Hardy mums, blushing white to lavender-pink, 4â pot (2)
    Hardy mum âÂÂFlashy GretchenâÂÂ, rusty crimson orange, 6â pot (1)
    Hardy mum, golden yellow hints of apricot, 6â pot (1)
    Large Blooming Mexican Bamboo, polygonum cuspidatum âÂÂcrimson Beauty, 3G pots (4)
    Large âÂÂIntrigueâ cannas, 3G pot (1)

I REALLY REALLY WANT:
    Empty pots
    Winter veggie starts like broccoli, cabbage, beets etc
    Veggie seeds, esp heirlooms

â¦and a black elephant ear clump pretty please ;D

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

tngreen: I was hoping for a banana plant since I killed my last one. =( I guess put me as a second in line for it, please.

heathers: I'd love to have the following if they're not spoken for already, please! =)
    Mystery salvia, could be may night or mystic spires?, 1G pot (1)
    Sage
    Garlic Chives (my 3 year old ones had an accident. =(
    I'd also love to trade for the Mexican Bamboo. I have some pots I can bring you, along with several heirloom veggie seeds. What are you looking for in veggies?

- Steve

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Oh wow!!!

tngreenthumb...the brugs man...you know I have been stalking your awesome plants all summer...

I would like to try a couple of your brugs cuttings if you can advise on the best way to root them. Keep in mind here - I am way south of you, and the weather in the valley is strange. When everyone in Mid Tn is worried about a hard freeze - I am still working with some of my fall veggies outside... I would say put me down for plants - but I would only like to take ones that you might not find homes for. **Any chance you would like to plan a trade for a plumeria at the spring swap? :D Mine is getting ready to flower now...it is a NoID, I don't even know the color yet.

And I would like a multi color butterfly bush, and some black taro elephant ears. Check out my list - let me know if I have anything that might interest you. Oh - and I haven't listed them yet - but I have "coral palm nuts" (at least that is what it was called in Florida). You put the nut in a pot and it will grow a tree. I have one that is only 5 feet tall and it flowered this year. I have been told by many that it never should have flowered at such a young age - but it has. Very cool little tree - I can send you pictures if you would like to see the blooms. My hummingbirds were rather smitten with it this year.

HEATHER!!! Holy moly!!! When you said you had strays...I didn't know you meant you had a whole garden's worth of plants!! :D Um, if you don't get takers...I would like the orange cosmos and spiderwort/verbena combo, and one of each of Peppermint, Lemon thyme, Pineapple Mint, Julep Spearmint, Moroccan Mint, Orange Mint, Lime Mint, Pineapple sage, Lemon Balm, Purple Ruffles Basil, Red Rubin Basil, Lemon Basil, Greek columnar basil cutting...

Jim's seeds...are you separating them out? I don't think I would like a CUP of seeds...LOL. But there are several up there that I would like to have a couple of - just not sure how you are going to part them out. :D

Um...something special...white florida anise tree? More like a seedling - but it smells wonderful. Or if you are looking for a mum/mum trade - how about a sheffield pink for your white/lavender/pink?

Okay - I am sinking in a sea of seeds - I will be getting them ready in the next night or two and making my list here instead of on my trade list. The last two nights I have been trying to add my trade list and it's not working. :(

Did I talk enough?? Can you tell I am EXCITED!?!?! Connie - I am with you, small but mighty group!! I am really looking forward to hear everyone's tips and tricks in the round robin - that was a great idea Heather!

Okay...I am going back out to the garden tomorrow to see what else I can find, what isn't working with my landscape, and what else I can harvest seeds from...I'll be back with more. :D

• palmetto_gardener
    13 years ago

Heather - I'd like to try the torenia and some of Jim's orange cosmos seed. :)
    judy

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

Hi all!

STEVE - I'll reserve the plants for you :) I'm interested in all sorts of veggie seeds as I enjoy growing my own food, but I'd also love to start offering seedlings for sale at the farmers mkt. So anything and everything! I especially TIFF - You weren't kidding when you said you were interested in herbs - I'll be happy to reserve these for you:)And OHMYGOD am I interested in the white illicium!!! I didn't know they made em that color! But then the mum sound like its perfect in my color scheme... do I have to choose or can I be greedy and take both;)

And I think we all would like to see a pic of your coral nut palm!

JUDY - I'll reserve them for you; if the torenia doesn't want to survive til spring, there are still seeds that can be harvested from the plants.

With Jim's stuff I was planning on bringing some empty envelopes so folks can take what portion they want, and empty grocery bags for the bulbs. I did some research on the konjak bulbs and there is some fascinating info about them being used for food or supplemental dietary fiber.

I'm hoping more folks will come to the swap since it rained like crazy here yesterday. I know Evelyn was coming just for moral support but essentially plantless because the ground is like a brick... the rain could change things:D

At the round robin maybe we could get someone to run over the basics of winter sowing again. I missed the swap they originally taught it at, but Velvet was telling me about it, I did some research and it sounds awesome! If I get to garden in December - SOLD!!!

• bloominggal
    13 years ago

Heather, I would love 1 of your mex. bamboo. Do you need any cherry trees? Fireworks goldenrod? Gooseneck loosestrife? catmint? I do have chinese foxglove, i don't have it dug, don't know how well it transplants this time of year, we can try. Annette

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Heather: Please let me know if the following seeds of Jim's are all spoken for. If not, I would a love a little bit of each, especially the bulbs! =)

Soapwort
    Lambs Ear
    Wild Bergamot
    Orange Cosmos
    Blackberry Lily
    Purple Liatris
    Purple & White Cleome
    Purple Hyacinth Bean
    Dracunculus vulgaris (blooming size)
    Amorphophallus konjac

Thanks - Steve

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Heather - I got the illicium at a swap...not really sure what I was getting myself into. After doing some research - I am scared that I am just not an adequate enough gardener to provide for it's welfare. I would feel better knowing that it got a home with a gardener that KNOWS what it needs. Ya know?

And absolutely!! Consider both of them yours. And I told you I cooked, so I am trying to build up my herb garden - it's what I do in the winter while my outdoor garden is sleeping. I would love to learn how to garden for most of the year though - hoop house? Is that possible here? A greenhouse would be fabulous but completely out of the price range right now - but a hoop house...hmmm. Maybe someone with some experience can share at the round robin?

Coral palm pics...I still haven't figured out the trick to posting them on gardenweb - I may just have to print and bring them. I normally am not so technically challenged, but this site just sends my mind spinning...

I would love to say my plumie will be blooming by the weekend, but the little bit of cool weather we had last week has slowed it down considerably. I was at least hoping to know the color before the swap - to get my mind thinking about the spring swap and having plumies to trade. (Not even done with the fall swap and I already have spring swaps swimming in my head...)

Looks like the rain will stop after lunch and I can get out there and see what I can dig up. :D

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

This is what I have so far:
    blackberry lilys
    2 rose of sharon-lavender with dark red eye
    monkey grass-upon request
    canna-red-upon request
    canna tn orange-upon request
    purple salvia
    iris unknown colors
    seven sister rose cuttings-upon request(i have the pink and red but someone told me the red is called 6 sisters,so i dont know)
    blanket flower
    purple shamrock
    pink weigelia cuttings-upon request

Tiffany,if I have anything you would like,I would love some red velvet oxalis,coral honey suckle,and red dragon sedum

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Is the purple shamrock the hardy variety - or is it a houseplant? Trying to reserve my plant space in the house for these tropicals that I seem to be drawn to. :D

I'll wait on the answer about the shamrock before I decide on that one. But blanket flowers and blackberry lillies sound great. If anyone else requests and you are out digging - I wouldn't mind a red and orange canna. I'll bring all of the wishes on your list. :D

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

Hi guys!

I'm actually not yet in possession of Jim's stuff; my husband has been coordinating with him to meet in Nashville. I may not have time to divvy up the seeds for everyone... I'll try my best :) We can always divvy at the swap too.

Steve - I thought you were stuck in a townhouse, but looking at your seed request, do you have an actual place to garden now?!

Tiff - Amazingly enough I have the perfect place for the illicium! That like NEVER happens :)

I've looked around to see if I couldn't find the tutorial I read that helped me figure out how to post pics. I think Brandon wrote it. The most time consuming part was getting my pics uploaded to picasa, linking them so they'd show up here was a snap! Try this one: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/dahlia/msg0713390424870.html

I have so many pre-swaps arranged that I'm planning on getting there super early on Sat to get setup and organized. This spring I was so busy I couldn't get away from my tables! And I never got a chance to really visit all the other swappers; I want this time to be different.

Here is a link that might be useful: advanced html tutorial

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Hey Tiffany,the purple shamrock are hardy.

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

Annette! I don't know how I missed you up there! I've got two cherry trees you gave me this spring, so I'm good there... but I'm really excited that you've got chinese foxglove. I don't have this fabulous plant anymore because I sold it at the market last year and didn't save any for myself! What was I thinking?! It transplants and divides so easily, even pulling off the little runners off the side do really well as long as its in the ground for winter. It does extremely well from seed too if you have any. Not that it matters, but what color do you have?

And I don't think I can resist the Fireworks, even though I don't technically like yellow flowers, it's just too cool! What color is your catmint? I've been wanting to replace my Walker's Low with one of the pink varieties for a while now. Gooseneck loosestrife... isn't that the one that people lament about being so pretty but invasive?

~Heather

ps: Tiff, the purple shamrock (oxalis triangularis)is totally ground hardy even up here near Nashville, so you'll have no problems down in Chatt. It'll go dormant and stay dormant until LATE spring, so be sure and mark it! If you do keep it in the house it'll keep its leaves all winter and even bloom sporadically:)

Steve - I decided to be selfish and keep the Dracunculus vulgaris (blooming size), and justified it since we were the ones that picked them up for everyone else:)

• jim_6b
    13 years ago

Hi Heather
    I met your husband today and by now you probably have the seed and bulbs. I hope you enjoy them. There should be enough to share or trade with most of the others at the swap.
    The D. vulgaris can be planted now. They will grow in full sun but mine grow better with full morning sun and afternoon shade. Plant them about 6 inches deep and about 18 inches apart. They usually break ground in mid March and go dormant in early summer.
    If you have any questions feel free to email me.
    I hope everyone has a great time at the swap.
    jim_6b

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Cool - I'll have a purple shamrock please! :D

Heather - I think those voodoo lilies are cool looking...but I just don't think I could survive the stench! LOL

From Jim's seed list: Soapwort, Lambs Ear, Wild Bergamot, Orange Cosmos, Lemon Balm, Blackberry Lily, Purple Liatris, Purple & White Cleome, Purple Hyacinth Bean, Amorphophallus konjac. Please... :D

I know the Lemon Balm is a repeat of one you are bringing me - but I am going to try to get more started over the winter for cooking...and getting ready for the early fruits next spring. I love to have it with fresh fruits in the spring - especially the strawberries...

I'll check out your sacks of seeds at the swap - I am guessing you are going to set it up like last time. That was awesome! birdseed bundles...as in to feed birds through the winter?

Is it Saturday yet??

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Heather,if you have any left,i would love a dracunculus vulgaris and amorphophallus konjac.

• bloominggal
    13 years ago

Heather the gooseneck loosestrife is not "too" invasive for me, I don't water it, it is pretty in flower arrangements. If anyone wants some I will dig some.
    I do not have any pink catmint.

I would like the 7 sisters rose cuttings if you don't mind. If anyone has Peggy Martin, I would like a cutting or 2 of that. How about Tuscan Sun? Does anyone have any Itea (Virginia sweetspire) or oakleaf hydrangea?

Does anyone have mums that come back? I have Clara Curtis thanks to one of you and love it. I would like Sheffield pink if anyone has it.

Does anyone have a yellow or white siberian iris?

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

Good morning swappers :D

JIM - we're sorry you can't join us this Saturday, but thanks so much for contributing some really cool plants! You can see by this thread that all your seed and bulb babies will be adopted. And a BIG thanks for posting the growing instructions.

Now Jim, please tell us truthfully, just how bad is the bad smell, like how many days does it last and does just one small patch fill up a whole yard with stench? I'm totally willing to risk it because my neighbors will never know it's me! Typically my place makes the whole block smell pretty nice, whereas a couple days before garbage pickup day can be really unpleasant around some houses. If only people would compost!!! But I digress...

Just did some quick research and both aroid bulbs will produce the aroma... links are below.

Voodoo lily - http://www.paghat.com/voodoolily.html

Amorphophallus konjac smell - http://www.kallus.com/aroids/amorphophallus/konjac/

Jim was kind enough to provide color info on his seeds too:
    Pink soapwort
    Orange Blackberry lilies
    Purple Bergamot

TIFF - The birdseed bundles are like the cornstalk bundles you see for decoration this time of year, except mine are mature birdseed. You guessed it - these grains sprouted underneath my feeders and they looked too cool to pull.

• jim_6b
    13 years ago

Sometimes the smell is not that bad but this year I had about 10 D. vulgaris blooming at the same time. I have them planted in a bed about 6 feet from my back deck and the smell was really bad. It only last for a few days but they smell like a dead dog that's been on the side of the road for 5 or 6 days in the summer. Yum! They are pollinated by blowflies and carrion beatles.

jim_6b

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Bloomingal, I have an unknown Itea, and Little Henry. Let me know which you want cuttings from. I also have Peggy Martin, but mine is a wee baby so I'm not sure if I can get a cutting from it. I'll check and if it's possible, I'll bring you one.

• tlfox
    13 years ago

"they smell like a dead dog that's been on the side of the road for 5 or 6 days in the summer. Yum! They are pollinated by blowflies and carrion beatles."

LOL - my family would be so pleased.... I am pretty sure the dogs would try to carry it off and the cats would try to bury it. :D Beautiful but stinky...I will just have to continue to admire them through my computer screen.

• jim_6b
    13 years ago

I didn't thin my Dracunculus vulgaris this year so next year when they go dormant I should have lots of babies to share or trade.

tlfox, if you will remind me I will save one just for you.

{{gwi:29747}}

jim_6b

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

i will be at the swap with not much to share. my mom is bringing things and i don't really know what she has. hopefully something that will find a new home on saturday. we may be a little late. my niece and nephew have their last soccer game sat morning so we are planning to go for a little bit of it. we won't be able to stay long due to wood smoke and health stuff. so, we'll be late and be leaving early and won't have much to contribute. we sound awesome, don't we? but it is too much fun to miss. see you guys on saturday.

rebecca j

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

ANNETTE - Tiffany is trading to me a Sheffield pink mum, but I still have a few unspoken for hardy mums, and they're all pompom style, instead of singles.

REBECCA - so glad you'll be coming Sat! I gots all sorts of goodies for you :)

Mmmmm dead dog :P I plan on having my patch a lot further from my windows and patio. I'm just excited to have something so unusual and lovely!

I've been furiously recruiting newbies to come to the swap - I invited two new people just tonight. So hopefully all our plant babies will find homes as we foist them off on the newer gardeners ;D

I'll try to spend less time on the forum and more time packing for the swap tomorrow, but I'm still happy to take requests:)

• palmetto_gardener
    13 years ago

HEATHER, if you have a hardy mum left I'd like one. Any color. If I had my druthers, yellow or bronze/orange.

Would you like some edamame (edible soybean) seed? A friend gave me some. I understand they are delicious (and healthy) snacks.

EVERYONE - I have some edamame seed and some lunaria (money plant seed) Speak up and your name will go on a pkg.

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Yum...edamame...I'd like some please. :D

I might still have a sheffield pink that I can dig up - I'll take a look today for you.

• sandyl
    13 years ago

Well something has come up and mom screen name Burwoodbelle / Pat and I will not be able to attend the swap as planned. Tlfox mom had planned to bring you the old barn lumber and tin for your project at your pond but just to let you know if you still need it come spring she could bring it then. I hope all goes well with the swap and the weather. I had said I would bring wood for the fire pit but i will not be attending the swap so I see there are other's that will be bringing fire wood. Just wanted to pop in make this post. Hope to see you all next spring. Sandy and Pat.

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

JUDY - Sounds great! I have two candidates you might like; fortunately they're all in bloom right now. I love edamame EVERYONE - My plan is to be there all set up by 8:15, and I'm bringing my big blue market canopy again. Those of you have pre-swapped with me will know where to find me!

Also, I have so much more to give than I can possibly bring in one trip... I live in Spring Hill which is only about 20 min NE of the swap place, so if anyone is interested in visiting my gardens you are welcome to follow me home on Sat or come on Sunday:)

• tngreenthumb
    13 years ago

sandyl:Well something has come up and mom screen name Burwoodbelle / Pat and I will not be able to attend the swap as planned.

No goat poo?????

Sorry you and Pat won't be able to attend, you will be missed. See you next spring!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Heather: Yes, I have a good sized plot out front that's all mine to do with as I please, plus about an 8x6 rr tied in plot in back, and also a huge deck. :) Also, one of the baby Dracunculus vulgaris' is fine with me. :)

Thanks - Steve

• sandyl
    13 years ago

Sorry no goat poo this fall! and I already had 5 bags ready to bring on Saturday. Oh well its manufactured daily so i'll have plenty for the spring swap. Sandy

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

STEVE - Oh that is such great news - I'm so happy for you!!! Being cooped up with no dirt to play in is like a prison sentence! You should come by and adopt some stuff from my place too:)

SANDY - Maybe you can try what Jim did and see if someone will give your poo a ride to the swap... probably someone who has a truck ;)

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So do we have a shelter? If so, is it at the same shelter?

Since I am plantless, I thought I might bring a coffeepot and a microwave just to see how that works.

However, I already made my trip to the grocery store so if anyone could bring some coffee creamer and/or other additives it would be appreciated. I had sorta given up coffee at home so the cupboards are bare.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!
    Evelyn

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

I'm all packed up and ready to go. Everyone's cuttings are packaged, and I hope I am more organized this time. I tried to organize everyone's loot together. :)

I'm bringing Mom and we'll be there early, but we won't be able to stay very long as she has to get back to the Music and Molasses Festival at Ellington. She's working the Master Gardener booth tomorrow afternoon - come on by after the swap if you're in Nashville!

Annette, if you read this, I'm bringing you a few cuttings of Itea Little Henry.

See everyone tomorrow! I think I'll be wearing a black fleece zip-up jacket if it's not too cold. I have long blonde hair. I think everyone I'm swapping with knows what I look like, but just in case. :)

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Howdy Swappers!!!

I haven't been keeping up with a list this time for plants I am getting - not worried - after last spring, I came home with far more than I ever thought I was getting. :D

However - I am making my list and checking it twice for all my garden friends. Please take a look and see if I have you down for whatever we agreed on.

Steve:
    grape tomato
    pink ice

velsgarden:
    coral honeysuckle
    dragon blood sedum
    red velvet oxalis

Connie:
    dragon's blood sedum

Judy:
    misc bushes

Heather:
    White Illicium
    Sheffield pink mum
    Gooseberry

Jen (cottagegirl):
    misc bulbs

Did I miss anyone? Did I miss any plants??

Sorry to hear Pat and Sandy are not coming. Yes!! Please bring wood and tin to spring swap. And Sandy - I want to work out a trade early for goat poo... What interests you - I'll have all winter to work on it. :D

Can't wait until tomorrow!!

Tiffany

• bloominggal
    13 years ago

Connietn Little Henry cuttings would be great if you see this.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

Heather,

I just happened to see your post about posting pictures. It's weird because I haven't been reading this thread except for the day after it was initiated and for some reason I just figured I'd click on it and skim quickly through. Anyway, here's how to post pictures....

One of the easiest ways to provide your photo to be embedded into a post is to upload it onto an image hosting site such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc. That should be pretty straight forward, and the individual sites will give instructions on how to get your photos uploaded to their site when you sign up.

Once your picture has been uploaded, find its image location address (URL) by right clicking on the image and copying the image location. Some sites may even provide the appropriate HTML code in a text box below the photo for your convenience. It will be the one that begins with a href=...

Let's say, as an example, that the address of the picture you want to post is http://somepicturesite.com/yourpicture.jpg

To embed the picture into a post, use the command:
    img src="http://somepicturesite.com/yourpicture.jpg">;

If your picture is too large to fit nicely into the text page, you can add a width attribute. The command with the width attribute would look something like:
    img src="http://somepicturesite.com/yourpicture.jpg"; width=600>

Another option is to use a text link which might be beneficial to people on slow connections.

To do this, use the command:

a href="http://somepicturesite.com/yourpicture.jpg">your text goes here/a>

Note that I had to use special characters to get the commands above to show up here without turning into pictures, but you can use them as shown (with the correct image web address, of course).

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz