Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaf curl - problem or ?

Posted by JonCraig 6b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 10:10

Hi all,

I'm seeing some leaf curl in my new veggie garden. Seems like the bush beans are doing it a bit, Cukes a little more, and tomatoes even more. Interestingly, 1 cultivar/variant/whatever seems to have it worse than others. My Mortgage Lifter seems noticeably worse than my Celebrity, Better Boy, and Early Girl.

I've searched on GW and other sites, and some sources seem to say that it's a result of high heat followed by lots of rain (which is exactly what has happened in my area, NorthWest of Nashville, in the last week or so. Some sources, however, seem to describe leaf curl as some sort of disease. This is my first veggie garden in this particular spot of ground (had others 20' away last year that did great), so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Sorry for the long post. I guess my question is this: Is this curl normal? A problem? Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? :-)

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of curled cukes & maters

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaf curl - problem or ?

The last picture I see no leaf curl. Looks like blue birds. Now your maters are about as sick as mine. Mine are just about dead.

o
RE: Leaf curl - problem or ?

Oops--didn't mean to upload the BBirds. But they keep an eye on the garden for me, so I guess they're at least somewhat relevant. ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here