Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arjo_reich

Hydrangea Issues...

arjo_reich
16 years ago

I planted four hydrangea from pots to my garden over the holiday weekend and I have one that appears to be doing fine, one that looks a little shocked from the process and two that look like they're quite simply not going to make it. The ones in question have all their leaves laying down completely on the soil and they just look horrible.

I might have "torn up" their root ball a little too much while scoring it but I did all four of them equally as brutally, so I don't know why they would be hurting why the other two seem fine, or at least recovering to their new homes. Since they're all planted in line, and in the same type of amended soil, I don't think there's a real variance there to consider, but I'm open for all suggestions / ideas.

This is my first time with the plant and I'm unfamilar to how sensitive it is to being planted / watering, etc.

Their location is a darker section of a semi-shaded area, but they all still receive the first four hours of morning sun and then screened light from the trees for the rest of the day.

The pH of the soil started off at 4.5 but I amended it up to closer to 6.0 to make things a little more hospitable for my hostas and coral bells... I'm really reaching here, if you couldn't tell...

<shrug>

Comments (2)

Sponsored