Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upcoming Event: Pond Tour in Knox & Blount counties

Posted by karenrf (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 11:58

Wanted to let everyone know about a pond tour that will be held on
Saturday , July 10 , from 10am - 5pm ,
and Sunday July 11, from 1pm-5pm.
The cost is $10. per car which comes with the brochure map of where to find all of the ponds and gardens. I think everyone will be amazed.

The pond tour is being hosted by The East Tennessee Koi Club. We are a nonprofit organization.
This is a self guided tour in the Knoxville and Blount county areas of east Tennessee.

This year we've chosen The University of Tennessee Medical Center's Healing Garden as our chairity. Proceeds to benefit both orgaizations.
The Healing Garden was first established for their cancer patients but is now enjoyed by all of their patients, their families, and UTMC's employees.

For more info go to www.etkoi.org
(currently the info on the website has not been updated...keep checking though... it should be up shortly)

If you have questions just ask me. Or there is a contact link on the website.
Hope to see you on the tour.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upcoming Event: Pond Tour in Knox & Blount counties

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 21:36

Karen,
Will the website have previews or anything? Any idea of how many stops there will be (and how many will be near Knoxville)?

o

Hi Brandon,
Sorry to go MIA. ;)
On the website I think there are pictures of members ponds which some of those are on the tour. We've now got 31 ponds on the list. There are 9 in north Knoxville, 8 in NW Knoxville, 5 in west Knox., and 9 ranging from the Louisville, Friendsville, & Maryville areas.

The tour is self guided. You get a map(s)and can go to any or all of the ponds you want to and in any order. I do try to lay out a route to follow just for those who don't know the areas but you don't have to stick to it.
This runs 2 days so you can see them all, hopefully.

If anyone goes on this I would love to get feedback on the tour, ponds, brochure, mapping, etc.
We always hope to improve each year

You might even get a cold soda or snacks on your trip from hosts.

o

The website www.etkoi.org has been updated and we even have a way to pay online and download your brochure. Or you can purchase them at Pope's Garden Center in Maryville or Stanley's in south Knoxville.
If anyone is interested in ponds or water gardens this is a great opportunity to talk to those who have them.

This tour is coming up next weekend, July 10th & 11th.
You should also be seeing lots of advertisements coming out in the papers.
Hope to see you soon.

o

Live at Five @ 4!!!!
Hi guys.
The president of the koi club is going to be on Live at Five this coming Friday, July 9th. They are filming some of our ponds and will show them during the interview.

o

Just a bump to remind everyone about the pond tour this weekend.
I hope you will be here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here