Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babydoe_gw

babydoe
16 years ago

Hi, my name is Patty and we, my husband of 42 years and his 79 yr old mother, are in the process of moving from Ohio to a little 7 acre "horse farm" off Rt. 344. It carries an address of Whitesburg but is in Hawkins Co. We won't be fully moved until about the end of July. I have joined the Garden Web. Our place is so plantless that it is pitiful. We have a small area of woods and a few Mallow (aka mini hollyhocks) that are beautiful. The former owners were certainly not into any outside gardening. I have so many questions that it would take two days to put in writing. My one concern is vegetable gardening. Will I be better off to build raised beds. I had some questions previously and posted a question and a wonderful woman replied. I believe she was Mary whose specialty is roses. I have my hands full with a very sick mother in law, but I believe that we should take care of our parents as long as possible. I will have trouble making a plant swap but was wondering how far the MTPS is from Hawkins County and wondering if there are any others maybe closer in my area. I read a lot of the posts and plan to be active in the swaps, as Mom's health allows. Our faith is strong and know that the good Lord is always present.

Comments (5)

Sponsored