Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beautiful cedar

Posted by rosie_ga GA 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 12:05

I've moved to TN about 4 years ago....but rosie still reflects GA.

We drove back from a Smokies game last night and stopped at a local carhop drive in named Cardin's. It's located on Asheville Hwy in Knoxville.

To the right of the business was a home up on the hill. In the front yard of this home were several cedars that were just beautiful. I have pictures that I can post later. These were about 5 ft tall and had different shades of green on them. At night they picked up the light and were almost ghostly. Just beautiful. They looked featherly. Does anyone know what they might be...........?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beautiful cedar

I rarely get that far down Asheville Hwy. I tried doing a google map view, but all I saw was what appeared to be a few typical pines in the yard immediately to the right of Cardin's.

Maybe some pics will provide more info.

o

I saw those. I think that they are Hinoki False Cypress.

o

thank you so much........they are just beautiful. I had asked one of the people that work there and they kept saying a word that was similar to HOSTA.....so I'm sure that's what they are.

now to find one.................

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here