Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babydoe_gw

Apology to Ann Peck

babydoe
16 years ago

I had to go back to find the name of the person I called Mary in my last post. Ann, I apologize for not remembering your name. Your replies to me were so wonderful.

Comments (9)

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Don't worry at all.
    I'm not good with names, but I remember people by the plants that they grow or what we talked about. We all have different ways of remembering.
    Ann

• babydoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ann, I hope to be able to meet you. Is the greenhouse you told me about yours?

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Nope, not my greenhouse.
    Having a greenhouse and plant production would be too much like work.
    When you get settled, we should meet in northern Grainger County at Ritter Farms for lunch and chatter. They have huge tomato fields and really neat other stuff.
    Ann

• babydoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I will look forward to it. FYI I really love roses but have limited knowledge. If you run across anyone with one of the sweet autumn clematis, please let me know. I am craving a fresh tomato sandwich.

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

(Blush) Sweet autumn clematis is one of those plants we dig up out of fields in the fall. I lost my first to a virus and need to replant it. Here is usually blooms in ?August and transplants readily.

• babydoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ann, you mean it really grows wild there? Amazing!! I once paid $27.00 for one and it died.

• christnpalm
    16 years ago

Lol, They've been know to be an invasive weed here. We had some trees get pulled down by them! So, just make sure you can plant them some where you can keep them inbounds!

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Sweet Autumn Clematis was the flower in my Grandmother's wedding bouquet. I didn't know that until my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary when one of the ladies next door who had known them 'back when' brought a bouquet of the clematis over as a gift because she remembered how pretty a wedding it was.
    There, a memory from over a century ago, from the Piedmont of Virginia.

• babydoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You know up north that we can be a little nuts about something that we think is "rare". That is what we have been told up here on that clematis (: I will have to get some starts from some of you who are more worldly on it. Blushing as I do so. I have been so busy with Mom and trying to remodel the new place that I haven't been on for a while. I have some hitching posts on the property that will be perfect for this clematis. I walked our pastures and the only vine I could find was that nasty kudzu. I am stressed over that. Neighbor is going to put horses in temporarily. Hopefully they will eat it. I definitely do not want that and if necessary will kill each one! Any ideas on what herbicide will do that? Roundup? I know that if there are any roots left it will pop right back up.

Ann, when do I want to plant roses?

Sponsored