Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eppi_gw

Squash / Cucumber Leaves Light Yellow

eppi
14 years ago

I have a nice little backyard garden that has done well the past few years. This winter, I decided to expand by cutting out a section of lawn just as I did in the past replacing the thick clay with a mix of bagged topsoil, a bit of manure and peat. It worked great before, so I thought I would do it again for the little expanded area. The only difference was I turned in oak leaves this time (in January). In the new garden area, I planted squash, cucumber and zucchini. It has been six weeks and they have hardly grown at all and the leaves are all very light yellow. (The stems are skinny close to the ground and bigger toward the center and top of the plants.) The weird thing is they are all flowering, but look like they are on their last leg! I am using Miracle Grow All Purpose Plant Food every couple of weeks, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Did I add the leaves to late? Too much water? Is it a nutrient issue and if so, is there anything I can add to salvage it? Any Ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz