Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concord grapevine problems

Posted by JAD1034 Ky (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 13:23

I have two different plantings of concord grapevines just on opposite sides of the yard. They never seem to grow healthy and produce. They are about 5 yrs old now and I have not gotten any grapes from them. However I have more Concord grape about 50 miles from those and they produce an abundant amount of grapes each year. The sick vines look like they try to grow out healthy but just can't seem to make it. The vines look like they have been eaten on by something but I do not think that is what it is. I have tried to get some pics of them and wonder if anyone has ant feedback on this issue.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concord grapevine problems

You haven't given enough information for a diagnosis.

o
RE: Concord grapevine problems

Really good quality pictures could possibly help, but even that might not eliminate all possibilities. Probably your two best options are 1) look at some of the websites that list grape diseases and symptoms and try to narrow the possibilities down from there and/or 2) contact your local ag extension office and get their help.

Here are some websites that might help, although others could be found with a quick google search.
Growing Grapes in Kentucky by the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture
University of California IPM Online (see Diseases section)
Grape Disease Info by Penn State Extension Service

To contact your local ag extension office, find your county's office at this webpage:
Click-able County Extension Offices Map for Kentucky
The people at this office are there to help you. Your tax dollars go to pay their salary, so their help (most of it anyway) will be free! Expertise may vary from office to office, but they should be at least fairly knowledgeable of possible diseases (and especially those likely to be encountered in your area). When commercial farmers want advise, extension professionals are often their primary resource.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here