Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potting soil- E of Knoxville

Posted by honeybunny442 z6 TN (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 07 at 14:07

Hi, I live in Dandridge, about an hour east of Knoxville. Does anyone know where I can buy a large volume of potting soil? Our farm co-op used to have 3.8 cu ft bales but they are all out and I'm desperate!
I don't want to buy the expensive small bags, need too much to do that.
Thanks~
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potting soil- E of Knoxville

There are two sources in Knoxville:
Sonnegro which is wholesale and which does deliveries to your area
Knoxville Seed and Greenhouse Supply
Both are on Hwy 11W on the east side of Knoxville.

If you are thinking of a large enough volumn to put on a pallet for delivery to your place, it would be worth setting up an account with Sonnegro.
If you are looking for large bales (a couple of sq.ft. each) then a trip to Knoxville seed might be better.

o

Although Sonnegro is primarily wholesale, they will sell to individuals. You don't have to have an account to buy there. They are very easy to deal with and the prices on the stuff I purchased from them was very good. They're a great source for bulk nursery pots.

o

Thanks, I could use some pots, too. I was actually looking for someplace closer, Knoxville is an hour away.

o

You can also get the bales of promix from knox Farmer's Co-op, which is out on 11E now. I'd also try your local county co-op, since they can probably order it.

o

Thanks, I got promix from the Farmer's Co-op in Dandridge. The folks there are a little odd, since they were out the second time I went they sort of reluctantly ordered some (on Thurs) and told me it would be there on Tues. When I called Tues afternoon they told me they were out and wouldn't be getting any more in. When I drove by a week later, there they were, sitting out on the pallet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here