Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grey water

Posted by behaviorkelton 7-ish (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 29, 09 at 15:13

I can't remember if I have asked this, but...

I can capture my dishwasher and clothes washer water in a container in the garage beneath the house.

I was thinking that I could use this to water some of the plants instead of burdening the sewer system with it.

Now, the soapy first cycle I could skip, but perhaps the rinse cycles of both machines might be fine... right?

I'm using "environmentally friendly" detergents.

BK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grey water

I have been reading alot on a homesteading forum about the way they use it. As long as it is safe soap, I do not see why it would hurt. Anything to save both on water and the bill.

o
RE: grey water

What I have read sounds good to me. Saving water right now is HUGE! I can foods and save all the water, even the water from cooking my beets. The water left in any pot, I save, after cooled and funnel to jugs. This is great for the deck plants, and those in the yard that need a little extra help. Never did I know how much water I can save until "April" got me to saving and thinking, (can not believe I said the 'THINKING' word.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here