Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hearty plants for all seasons

Posted by jdonaville 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 19:14

I need to do landscaping on a budget and know nothing about plants. I live in the Memphis area and need plants that can withstand almost drought conditions, full and medium sun and would like to have something blooming every season. HELPPPPP!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hearty plants for all seasons

It all depends on whether you have full sun, partial or shade. Even in this drought our shade stuff is doing fairly well and the full sun stuff is getting bleached but it's still hanging in there.

o
RE: hearty plants for all seasons

Sedums are super hardy. I love a good ol autumn joy sedum, the blooms draw butterflys and good bugs. Balms are pretty hardy as are day lilies in my book. good luck to ya!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here