Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer Projects

Posted by dvtown 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 27, 09 at 19:41

I just started working on a new potting bench. When I'm done it will have a container for soil and a built in sink. Anyone else have a project they are working on right now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer Projects

Oh please share a photo of your finished project, I would love to see, I am currently using a kitchen table in my garage for a potting table.

Mary

o

I didn't get nearly what I wanted done today. My cordless drill ran out of juice before I could attach all four legs! Maybe tomorrow!

o

That sounds cool!

My big summer project is going to be prepping for a new perennial bed (huge). I'm going to do the newspaper layers. I would like it to cool down a little first though!

o

Here's the potting bench so far: New Potting Bench

The area around the sink still need done, as well as some hinges, and a top shelf, not to mention staining!

There's always something to do isn't there?

Anyone else working on something this summer?

Here is a link that might be useful: New Potting Bench

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 11:59

I haven't had time for any new projects. I've been overwhelmed with mowing, weeding, etc and trying to finish up a good sized perennial bed I've been working on for about a year. I did plant a few things during spring (stuff from the ETPS and a couple of orders of perennials and shrubs from various sources).

o

Brandon,

Sounds like you have plenty of projects already going! Did you find anything really neat at the plant swap?

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 15:40

I did! I don't really want to name my favorites though, cause that would be like listing your favorite kids. I'll just say I really liked all the plants I got and have many of them permanently planted. Oh boy, that reminds me of the list I made the other day of things that desperately needed to be planted out. I gotta get a vacation....

o

I moved to TN at the end of June, so my first summer project was quickly putting in raised beds and planting (which cost me a small fortune but is worth it to me - I have one of 4 completed...) I also have to learn about the new growing parameters here - my plants are going crazy in this humidity! So I am spending a lot of time on garden web... :)

Next we are putting in a fence to keep the dogs safe...

Window boxes for my herbs and lettuces...

Hypertufa pots and steps...

Potting bench...

etc....

Anyone not busy can come help me with any or all of these projects!! :) lol... Yesterday I went to the summer clinics in Jackson at the UT ag research center... really cool. I am in love with Malabar Spinach now and need to find some NOW to plant in my new bed!!

Pat

o

For the Summer project, nuthin but canning. =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here