Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dvtown

Summer Projects

Dave Townsend
14 years ago

I just started working on a new potting bench. When I'm done it will have a container for soil and a built in sink. Anyone else have a project they are working on right now?

Comments (9)

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

Oh please share a photo of your finished project, I would love to see, I am currently using a kitchen table in my garage for a potting table.

Mary

• Dave Townsend
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I didn't get nearly what I wanted done today. My cordless drill ran out of juice before I could attach all four legs! Maybe tomorrow!

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

That sounds cool!

My big summer project is going to be prepping for a new perennial bed (huge). I'm going to do the newspaper layers. I would like it to cool down a little first though!

• Dave Townsend
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's the potting bench so far: New Potting Bench

The area around the sink still need done, as well as some hinges, and a top shelf, not to mention staining!

There's always something to do isn't there?

Anyone else working on something this summer?

Here is a link that might be useful: New Potting Bench

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

I haven't had time for any new projects. I've been overwhelmed with mowing, weeding, etc and trying to finish up a good sized perennial bed I've been working on for about a year. I did plant a few things during spring (stuff from the ETPS and a couple of orders of perennials and shrubs from various sources).

• Dave Townsend
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Brandon,

Sounds like you have plenty of projects already going! Did you find anything really neat at the plant swap?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

I did! I don't really want to name my favorites though, cause that would be like listing your favorite kids. I'll just say I really liked all the plants I got and have many of them permanently planted. Oh boy, that reminds me of the list I made the other day of things that desperately needed to be planted out. I gotta get a vacation....

• golfngardennut
    14 years ago

I moved to TN at the end of June, so my first summer project was quickly putting in raised beds and planting (which cost me a small fortune but is worth it to me - I have one of 4 completed...) I also have to learn about the new growing parameters here - my plants are going crazy in this humidity! So I am spending a lot of time on garden web... :)

Next we are putting in a fence to keep the dogs safe...

Window boxes for my herbs and lettuces...

Hypertufa pots and steps...

Potting bench...

etc....

Anyone not busy can come help me with any or all of these projects!! :) lol... Yesterday I went to the summer clinics in Jackson at the UT ag research center... really cool. I am in love with Malabar Spinach now and need to find some NOW to plant in my new bed!!

Pat

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

For the Summer project, nuthin but canning. =)

Sponsored