Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall 07- Planning Mid TN Vegetable Garden Planting

Posted by dvowell026 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 07 at 20:00

Well it's mid June and I've got most of my 2nd plantings for the summer season pretty much done. Like to start a thread here specifically dealing with what those who are planning a fall garden (esp in the Mid Tn area) have done, are trying etc...

I've got a combo of flat beds, rasied beds and a Rion Greenhouse. I've planted small spring gardens for years which are getting less small. Exerimenting with a couple of Mel's Mix boxes this summer. I've never planted for the fall though. I want to see and exchange ideas, as well as talk about our results later in the year. To kick things off seed starting dates (indoor and outdoor) is what I'm looking at now. Advise anyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall 07- Planning Mid TN Vegetable Garden Planting

I "need" to sow some Swiss Chard because that was one thing I didn't for the Spring - well, except for two in a pot when the seeds showed up with something else totally unrelated - I just tucked them in there. I also "need" to do other greens and lettuces that I didn't get around to when I was feeling frustrated with how Spring was "acting"... cooler weather crops essentially... but I'm still bound to be container-growing. I definitely want to do some winter-sowing this year, though that won't provide any yields until next year. As for dates... I haven't set any myself, because it's just so bloody hot and has been and I'm trying to get a better idea of how long the heat will last this year so that I don't sow too soon, ya know? But I will be back to this thread - after I've tied up some loose ends and can "think better" on this topic. I'm glad you started it - helps me to try and focus at least. :) Spring stuff has been such a bust.... I need to be able to look forward to Fall Gardening and TRY to put "the past" behind me in order to make the most of "the future" in this year...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here