Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huge Plant Sale

Posted by honeybunny442 z6 TN (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 08 at 20:12

We happened to stop by the Newport Lowe's today and all of their discount plants were marked down to 50 cents!
I don't think every Lowe's does this but the one in Newport puts all their dry or marked off plants on racks out in the parking lot. I always stop there looking for a bargain. Today people were filling carts like crazy, one lady had a big cart full of pink (wild type?) and baby's breath. The lady in front of me in line had 3 carts, one full of topiary type evergreens (the ones that look like poodles). One of the employees kept looking over at her and saying "those were $79 two days ago"!
So, check out your Lowe's (don't yell at me for going to a box store, please!) and you might pick up a good deal!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huge Plant Sale

Anyone know if this is happening at the Nashville Lowes?

o

The BIG summer sales haven't hit the Knoxville Lowes yet, but I did get some good deals today. Relatively healthy pampas grass in gallons for $1.99, gallon Goldflame honeysuckles for $0.99, $30 size dappled willow for $6. :-)

And honeybunny, I would NEVER yell at you for shopping Lowes. I am very well known at all the Lowes in my area. :-)

o

The Columbia Lowes has plants for sale as well. I got some wonderful looking petunias yesterday for 25 cents. They had a whole table full and the manager said they will put stuff on the discount table throughout the remainder of summer. I love a good deal!

Jennifer

o

Yeah, Lowe's has some great deals! on their clearance rack. It's only about 5 min. from our house, and I stop there frequently. I got a Knockout rose bush for $5 last week. Wish that had be .50 instead!

o

If I could keep them alive, I'd stock up for the next swap meet. Went back yesterday and got a boston fern, a viburnum, a buddleia and a few other things. They had racks of wave petunias and impatiens. The lady in front of me got the last fig. It's crazy, I feel like camping in the parking lot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here