Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cottagegirl_tn

Plant Swap Panic

cottagegirl_tn
13 years ago

Is it me or is someone else still trying to get all their plant swap stuff put in the ground?? I have given myself a deadline (July 1)or until I pass out from a heatstroke..whichever comes first! Oh humidity, you are so cruel! LOL

Comments (10)

• palmetto_gardener
    13 years ago

You are not alone. Thanks for admitting your challenge. Now I know I'm not alone. :)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

You should see my porch. It's almost depressing every time I go outside because I realize how far behind I am. Sigh....

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

I'm finished, but I had to take some vacation time to get it all done! Since then I've bought a few things on sale, so actually I'm not really finished - just finished with the swap plants. :)

My rose cuttings are still hanging in there! Last time I looked one Mutabilis was still making it. I managed to get three cuttings out of the piece you gave me. Robin Hood and Heritage still have several cuttings that seem to be doing well.

The bee balm is also looking great! Had that already bloomed for the year?

• columbiastock
    13 years ago

:), I still have 3 swap plants not in the ground, thinking I will probably place them in larger pots.

Connie, my bee balm is just not blooming.

I for one am worried if it is already this hot, and humid, what will July and August have in store for "Our Plants"??

• columbiastock
    13 years ago

SORRY, CONNIE--my Bee Balm is blooming, just started this week!

Yes I know, should have paid more attention to the "Preview Message".

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Hey Wanda, thanks! I looked at the bee balm yesterday and it seems to be getting little buds on it! :D So maybe I'll get to see it.

I've got to get out this morning and get a couple of things in the ground. I only lasted about an hour yesterday.

• Dave Townsend
    13 years ago

Bee balm blooming here too. Red and purple - not on the same plant though! I still have a few plants on the front porch awaiting planting. Just haven't had time to get them all in.

• cottagegirl_tn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Connie, my white bee balm has not bloomed yet either..it is a little later than my pink. I am narrowing down my pots. I can only manage to plant a couple each evening then I'm dripping with sweat! Gotta keep on keepin' on! I'll be done...just in time for the fall swap! LOL

• tlfox
    13 years ago

I am still working on getting stuff in the ground too. I went to the MTPS and then the East Tenn swap as well - same weekend... I have started three new beds during all of the planting of my plant treasures, and a nursery bed too. The things that haven't been planted are growing like weeds, I have transplanted all of them to pots so at least they are getting to stretch their legs out a little.

And the bee balm - holy moly - I don't remember who I got it from, but it has been blooming like crazy, between the bees and the hummingbirds it's the hot spot of the garden. Right now I only see purple, but they love it all the same. I hope I see other colors, but if I don't, I'll just have to keep my eyes open on the next swap. :D

And I am right there with some of ya - I'll be done just in the time for the fall swap...LOL.

• paperart
    13 years ago

I can't believe I got all mine in the ground! I have a bunch of stuff I need to move around tho. We took out another one of our 36 (on one acre) trees so I have a little more sun now. Some of the shade lovers are not happy.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden tips for small places

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living