Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glendasgarden

Anyone in the Nashville Area?

glendasgarden
16 years ago

I would like to arrange a parade of ponds & gardens in the Nashville, Madison, Hendersonville, area if anyone is interested Please let me know :)

Thanks

Glenda

Comments (7)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

This sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I have tried something like this in the Knoxville area, but received no positive response. Actually, a bunch of people liked the idea, but no one was willing to include their garden. If it works for you, I would sure like to know how you got volunteers.

When I visit other's gardens, it helps me get ideas. It's a great learning experience as well as being fun and a good way to get to know fellow gardeners.

• glendasgarden
    Original Author
    16 years ago

so far I have gotten no response :( I thought this would be a fun thing to have, and like u said..to get ideas...but no luck.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago

It *is* a fun thing to have -- as long as it's somebody else's garden! ;-)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

See Glenda, this is what I run in to. Amazindirt has to have very a botanically interesting garden. She seems to have every plant actually identified by scientists so far. I know, from talking to her, that the garden is more about the plants than the asthetic layout, but it would still be exciting to see! I don't care if the plants are not in a newly mulched flower bed arranged by color. As we speak, I am narrowing in on her location (wicked sounding hehehe), and one day, I am going to pop in and say, "I'm here for the tour!"

I have been on tours of a few local private gardens here in the Knoxville area, and there are some major impressive gardens that no one gets to see unless they know someone....

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

Hehe, I'll be glad to join you, Brandon. And Ione is able to keep all the botanical names in mind - - where I have to say "I have it written down somewhere".

I'd be glad to have you all come over to my house, provided you understand that:
    1. there is no way for everything to be at it's peak at the same time - - some things look great while others have come and gone
    2. I have hoses everywhere which I may or may not pick up
    (gotta keep everything watered with the drought!)
    3. If I can be outside, I am. Therefore, inside the house doesn't get much attention right now.
    4. I have one bed that I refer to as "the iris bed of shame". Yep, it hasn't been weeded and I am planning on taking everything out, but not until later this summer. No pictures allowed of this one!

My perennial beds are already looking a bit wild and unkept, but the tropicals are just now starting to shine.

• glendasgarden
    Original Author
    16 years ago

When I had this in mind, I was not thinking of a tour of cheekwood..lol I was thinking along the lines of People getting together, and sharing their gardens / ponds , with other gardners....my house is unkept as much as the next when I am in my garden.My water hose is also hardly ever rolled up and put away, who cares.....that's part of what makes it your garden...

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

Glenda,
    I think you have the right idea - - just a gathering of friends sharing their gardens. Good luck in finding some local folks that will be willing to participate.

And maybe, Brandon, Ione and I will be able to rustle up some interest here in our Knoxville area.

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area
More Discussions