o
Any one do Hosta

Posted by TNJDM (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 7:25

In Middle TN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any one do Hosta

Are you familiar with Oakes Daylilies? They are based in Corryton, TN, and are known for providing, healthy plants. Through their sister site, Paradise Garden, you can order many different varieties of hosta, and have them shipped to you. They have everything from the tiny "mouse ears" to some of the mammoths that get massive.
http://www.paradisegarden.com/shop/home.php

o

Thanks Roots. I'll definitely check them. I did my first till today so am on my way

o

I have been somewhat surprised at the less than stellar ratings that company has received on Garden Watchdog. Their rating average isn't horrible, but it's not nearly as high as many competitors. Also I noticed that the company hasn't responded to most customer complaints. I would think that a concerned company would at least try to address the problems. I think that if I were going to buy from them, it would have to be in-person rather than mail-order.

BTW, Garden Watchdog lists 171 sources that specialize in hostas. The potential buyer could narrow their search down pretty quickly by reviewing ratings for each of those sources on that site before shopping each individual website.

o

I'll probably just visit the many nurseries in McMinnville. One called Mary's Greenhouse seems to have a nice selection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here