Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Independence Day!

Posted by bigorangevol Nashville (jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net) on
Fri, Jul 3, 09 at 10:29

Best wishes to everyone from Lavonne and I for a safe and happy holiday! We love you guys and you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Even though our economy is in the crapper right now we should all feel extremely blessed that we are able to live in a country where we have freedom and independence! For 233 years we have stood like a beacon in the night as an example to the rest of the World. Weve risen from a fledgling and struggling young country to the major World power that we are now. Yes weve had our bumps and bruises, bloodies noses, infighting and scars but we still stand tall as one nation. Im very proud of country, our society, our political structure and especially our military for without all of these elements meshing together for the greater good of our nation we would crash and burn.

So this weekend while your grilling, driving, visiting, socializing, swimming, fishing and generally having a wonderful time...remember those people (civilian and military) that came before us who gave their all so that we might live in the greatest country on the face of the Earth. Im forever astounded at the bravery, character and intellect that our founding fathers possessed. What they did and the sacrifices that they made to form our nation is truly remarkable. We need more people like that now!!!

May God bless you guys,
Jeff & Lavonne

HOOYAH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Independence Day!

Well said, my patriotic friend! No matter the political climate we still live in the best country in the world. This is one weekend that is celebrated with much pride and reflection in my house every year. Celebrate safely! Rhonda

o

Hear! Hear!

o

Happy Fourth Jeff, and all of you!

o

Hey, Toothman! So sorry we didn't make theSpring swap, but we're planning on being there this fall with bells on. I'm selling one house and buying another, so I should hve lots of goodies to trade.

Tell Lavone I love her!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here