Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall planting, anyone?

Posted by mistya55 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 07 at 12:00

Does anyone have any plans of what they are doing for fall planting? They already have mums out at my Lowes. I guess soon it will time to replace my petunias with them. I just do container gardening, other than my my veggie garden so not much to do around her I guess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall planting, anyone?

Well I'm still having lots of summer veggies. I've planted late beans and peas. Waiting for the squash to quite producing so I can plant greens soon. Too early for mums as petunias and other summer plants are going strong.

o

Just cleaned up a couple of rows of tomatoes today getting ready to plant turnips, mustard and kale. Will be looking for some mums for around the house.
Norm

o

My petunias are looking rough. I am starting to collect seeds now. I still have quite a few green tomatoes to wait on. I was hoping my bell peppers would get bigger. Other than mums what other plants with color is everyone planting?

o

I'm still planting everything from SPRING! LOL.

I'm sooooo happy for the cool wet days this week. I've actually gotten a bunch planted yesterday and today, and I hope for more tomorrow. I'm waaaaaay behind -- playing catch-up!

You've given me the idea of planting some ornamental kale this fall. Anybody got favorites?

o

Squash is still blooming and producing like crazy but noboby wants it any more :) Tomatoes are still going crazy. I've got late beens about a foot high and will be blooming soon. Lots of flowers are just now blooming.
I plan to plant kale, mustard, turnip mix, maybe some broccoli and I've got three late tomatoes getting big.
Yes, thank heavens for the cool rain we got this week. Hoping for more :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here