Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irisaddict

Who is planning on Fall MTPS - short responses

irisaddict
14 years ago

Short and sweet for planning purposes....

I am planning on coming. May try the AL swap too.

Evelyn / Wagon Lady

PS

We will, of course, all be good little swappers and fill out the website Registrations at

http://www.midtnplantswap.com/registration/registration.html for Rhonda & Jeff

Comments (24)

• palmetto_gardener
    14 years ago

I am planning to be there.

judy

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

I am planning on coming.Am also expecting a new great- grandaughter on the 12th hope she get here on time,so I can be at the swap.I have a trade with Connie already set up.

Pat

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Lavonne and I registered three weeks ago so we're taken care of.

Evelyn, this is all Rhonda's baby now - I'm out. You can refer to me as a MTPS Director Emerita, along with Jan and Mona, but I am R-E-T-I-R-E-D!!! Now I get to sit back at my table and watch someone else quickly lose all their marbles two days of the year in a semi-organized mass panic. SWEET! :-)

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Jeff that is harsh dude. You know in some languages retired translates into one who is in transition for many many moons or man of eternal servitude. lol

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

I'm coming too. I also have a friend from my dog training club who's coming. I was at her house the other day and she showed me her "swap" area. :)

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

I be registered.

Just the usual bunch for us as far as I know. My daughter-in-law may want to come.

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

In the English language, which is the only one that I have a passing knowledge of, it means:

To withdraw or remove oneself; to withdraw from office; to fall back or retreat in an orderly fashion; to remove from active service or the usual field of activity; to withdraw, as for rest or seclusion; to sit back and watch Rhonda spaz-out with what I've been dealing with for years. :-)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I am definitely coming. =) The father-in-law may come along with me as well. If he comes, he'll have a ton of canned maters, pickles, etc. i'm sure.

• april_h_o April Moore
    14 years ago

I am planning to come, but that situation could change. I got laid off a couple of weeks ago, so depending on the employment situation my plans could be affected. I am assuming, however, that they won't be.

So far, as I said at the spring swap, I've had a busy gardening year, and I've been using the unexpected job hiatus to get still more done. In swap terms, that means I've rooted a number of bush sages (greggi "Maraschino" and "Raspberry Delight") and I'm also trying my hand at rooting some lavender. I should also have some Coronation Gold Yarrow, several types of sedums (both small and large), Pink Missouri Primrose, digitalis "foxglove" penstemons, and other things that I simply can't recall at the moment. :-)

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

In swap terms, that means I've rooted a number of bush sages - April

Cool! Put me down as interested! Off to google...

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

April, I'm sorry to hear you were laid off. My husband was laid off this year too. He is starting a new job next week!

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

I'm registered!
    jim_6b

• april_h_o April Moore
    14 years ago

Thanks, Connie. Actually, as strange as it may sound, I was kind of glad. We aren't in bad financial shape right now, and I really needed a break. On the down side, it means we probably won't be going to Madeira next year for vacation, but on the up side, it means I've got more time to get the garden ready for the garden tour I'm hosting at the end of August. Details to follow soon. :-)

Also - tngreenthumb - fingers crossed, but I think I'll have at least 5 or 6 of the salvias, possibly a few more - but I DO need to go mark them before I forget which are which. LOL. Both Maraschino and the Raspberry Delight are lovely and have done well, even in the wet year we've been having.

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

April! I would love some small sedums.

Pat.

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

April, I'm so glad to hear that it's all good! :)

Please post info on your garden tour when it's nailed down. I would love to come!

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Ditto on the garden tour info, April. I would love to come too.

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, well 15 or so who admit they are coming. Kudos to those of you who even filled out the registration.

Lurkers, it is time for you guys to chime in so we know how many plants to bring.

Evelyn

• mari5us
    14 years ago

I will be there !!! I wouldn't miss it or my garden friends!!

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Bob and I will be there, but have not registered yet (shame on me)! Making a list of what I am planning to dig out of the flower beds, too hot now.
    April- the Maraschino Greggi I got from you in Spring is doing great. You told me to "baby it" and I have, it is over a foot tall.
    Oh, "PLEASE" everyone label your plants. LOL, while I was swapping up and down in spring, then come back to our table, Bob would say, "Here is another plant" and I would ask, what is the name? He would respond "A FLOWER". After the third time, I would just look at him and say "I know, a flower". I have five plants with no names, waiting for blooms or planning to take pictures and bring to the swap for ID. LOL

Wanda

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

Evelym said:Lurkers, it is time for you guys to chime in so we know how many plants to bring.

You actually count?
    I just dig and cut and pot up until I'm out of space. *grin*

• april_h_o April Moore
    14 years ago

Oh, Wanda, I am SO GLAD to hear it is doing well for you. Has it been blooming? Like most salvias, if you deadhead them it will keep right on trucking through October.

:-)

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Folks we've had an average of 20 First-timers visit the MTPS website for the last 7 weeks! Please help Rhonda and go register at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/.

April, if I'm in town Lavonne and I will come. I may be in VA Beach visiting my favorite SEAL Team 2 Member before he goes to Iraq for six months though.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I registered about a week ago. :-P

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Only 15-20 have registered so far. There are just 56 days between now and the MTPS! Eight weeks is a very short time folks.

Rhonda and Bec ought to have the Guest Lecturer up on the website soon.

AND... (drum roll) ...Dr. Renee & her Mom should be attending again finally!!! We sure have missed you guys the last several years.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio