Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Killer Haul at Lowes in Clarksville

Posted by teejay2039 7a (teejay2039@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 15:02

Man, i really need to stop going to Lowe's when I get off work at 7:00 am! i pass right by on my way home from work & I get there when they're putting out the clearance plants..... and i'm fast running out of yard space!!
LOL

Last week I got 27 white lilies, (yes, 27) 2 red ones, and 12 Penstemon for $1 EACH, along with 3 knock-out rose bushes for $5 each. Thought I was done. Stopped today to get ONE May Night Salvia (to replace one i lost last week d/t over-watering), and the clearance rack started screaming my name b4 I even made it out of the car!

I scooped up 3 Blue Mirror Delphinium, 3 Heleboros, 2 Moreno black eyes Susans, 2 Meringue coneflower, and 1 Pink double Delight coneflower..... ALL FOR $1.00 EACH!!!!!!! A LOUSY DOLLAR!!! ARE THEY INSANE??? LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Killer Haul at Lowes in Clarksville

Sounds like Utopia to me. I also succumb to the mystical powers of the Lowe's clearance rack. Anytime I find a decent perennial for $1 it's going home with me. Congrats!

o

I hit the clearance racks here in Knoxville too. Don't ya just love a bargin!!!!
But they aren't marking them down as much here as at your store. Yet.

o

We recently vacationed in St. Louis and I hit a Lowe's there...got 3 evergreens for $1, some variegated yucca for 3.62 and a pygmy barberry for 4.25 (reg. 16.50!) I was esp. thrilled over the $1 evergreens...last winter when the yard was devoid of a green leaf I was wishing I had more. What better way to do it on the cheap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here