Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
behaviorkelton

that darn drought

behaviorkelton
16 years ago

I have watched now, for three months, weather.com.

It an amazing phenomenon that I have brought up before, and it looks like this.

A major rain storm moves across tennessee from the west...and then, just as it hits the west side of Knoxville, it literally appears to implode on it's self and vanishes in a very clean line. It's as though it hits an invisible border.

Also, when watching it moving up from the south. The storm will part and *surround* Knoxville while not dropping a bit of rain. So in this instance, it rains to the east, west, north, and south... and nothing on Knoxville.

These two situations happen almost every single time....maybe a couple times or more per week. It's not like I'm describing a few instances.

In fact, I am now so confident that this is going to happen, that I will call my girlfriend over to look over my shoulder as I watch approaching storms on the radar. I'll say, "do you see that big storm coming?... ok, now watch it disappear when it gets near Knoxville." Of course, it happens.

So how much stress can the trees take???? I mean, they were blasted with a late hard freeze... with predictions of mass deaths from many... and now this incredible drought!

Has this 1-2 punch ever happened in recorded Tennessee history?

Do the big trees have tap roots that go deep enough to touch water?

Comments (2)