Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

Tell me about yourself

conniemcghee
15 years ago

I'm sure you guys have probably done this to death ;), but I'm new here and was curious about everyone.

I'll start: I'm a native Nashvillian and art director. Married with two dogs and no kids. Our dogs think they are our kids, though. They are extremely spoiled. :)

My mom has been gardening my whole life. I never thought I was interested in the least until I married and moved into a house. My husband and I lived in our last home for almost 15 years, and I joke that we had to move because I didn't have room for any more gardens. :)

Mom and I went through the Davidson County Master Gardener program together a few years back. It was my birthday present to her one year. She has remained active. I was active for about a year and a half, but haven't participated since then.

If I have any areas of expertise, I would say right now it would be toxic/nontoxic plants (this has become a special interest because of my dogs). I also enjoy the designing and planning aspect of gardening (see art director above). I like plants, trees and shrubs that will do their thing without a lot of special attention from me - I spend most of my free time training my dogs (I show them in obedience). I do really enjoy pruning and don't mind weeding. I'm just not a daily watering kind of girl. I know absolutely nothing about plant diseases and pests. I rely on my Mom to help when I get a sick plant. LOL!

We just moved into a new house about six months ago. It's pretty much a blank canvas! Well, except for a few overgrown foundation bushes that need to be replaced. I am very excited about establishing some gardens here...I have been drawing and planning for a couple of months now, getting ready for a major fall planting. :D

Comment (1)

Sponsored