Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are you propagating?

Posted by dvtown 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 5, 09 at 20:23

I brought back pyracanthus, spirea, Schip laurel, Salix integra, and deciduous magnolia cuttings over the weekend. I potted up a whole bunch of caryopteris the other day along with more Russian sage. Anyone else working on any cuttings this summer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are you propagating?

I potted up some cuttings I bought in Hawaii, mostly different gingers. We'll see if they're successful. I have them in the house as it's too hot outside.

o

Since the previous post about Crapes rooting so easy in water I am giving that a go, hydrangeas too. I love pineapple sage so will probably have at that. The gingers from Hawaii sound much more interesting. I love Magnolias but have lost so many they scare me.

o

Hydrangeas and old fashioned roses
Jen

o

I'm trying to root a few "Raspberry Delight" mountain bush sages at the moment. I may also attempt a few lavender cuttings.

o

I managed some 'Powis Castle' artemisia!

Rooting 'Powis Castle' artemisia

Here is a link that might be useful: Rooting 'Powis Castle' artemisia

o

I just checked tonight and the survivor of the dozen or so cuttings of clematis has roots on it! So I guess I just need to start at least 12 cuttings each time.

A green, not grey, santolina looked so good at UT Jackson that we "pruned" it and I stuck 8-10 cuttings tonight. I am so surprised how nice it smells and that I had no idea that I liked it so much. The whole sunroom had a very pleasant fragrance after I stuck the cuttings. I don't know if the gray one, lavendar cotton, smells nearly as nice.

I also potted up some Rosemary that rooted in water. At least half of those I started with rooted.

Evelyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here