Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cottagegirl_tn

anybody have spare rudbeckia goldstrum or confederate rose?

cottagegirl_tn
15 years ago

I'm starting to figure out what my "must haves" are for this year's fall swap. I got some cuttings of Confederate rose but they did not root at last years swap. I also got a small pot of rudbeckia but would like a lot more. Anyone got any to spare?

Comments (3)

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

I might have some rudbeckia "goldstrum" for the fall swap. I will go out and look tomorrow. I would also like some confederate rose cuttings as mine bit the dust too. Rhonda

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

We'll have tons of seeds from our Gloriosa Daisies (Rudbeckia hirta...Marty should get a smile out of that!) at the MTPS. Ok maybe it won't be tons but I bet I'll have a pound or more. They look great, take full sun with ridiculous heat, don't require a lot of water and they bloom at least four months. I can't kill 'em and that's saying a lot! I think what we have is sort of a mix of Double GoldÂs, Toto GoldÂs and Goldsturm's. I you want some weÂll have plenty for ya.

Speaking of...we now have about 1,885 hours to get ready for the fall MTPS at Henry Horton State Park on Saturday, October 18th. at 8:00 a.m. over by the river on the North side of the park. ThatÂs like 7 weeks guys; my dang blood-pressure jumped just thinking about it!

LetÂs consider this as:
    1.) my first MTPS shameless plug
    2.) my first MTPS plug hijacking another thread
    3.) my first one to try and get everyoneÂs mind on how close we are to having the swap sitting on top of us.

ItÂs time for yaÂll to start thinking about what youÂre gonna bring; what you would like to have; getting the jump on transplanting; maybe going ahead and reserving a room, cabin or campsite at HHSP; what all of my very favorite foods are you know, the real important stuff.

Fun tidbits:

The roots but not the seed-heads of Rudbeckia can be used in several ways. It is an astringent used as in a warm infusion as a wash for sores and swellings. The Ojibwa used it as a poultice for snake bites and to make an infusion for treating colds and worms in children. The plant is diuretic and was used by the Menominee and Potawatomi. Juice from the roots had been used as drops for earaches.

• judydean
    15 years ago

I have some goldstrum I can bring to the swap Nov. 1st. It always needs dividing. Do you want me to put your name on them?

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA