Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tn_veggie_gardner

Keep Forum Alive Post! LOL...Your Most Beautiful Garden Picture

tn_veggie_gardner
14 years ago

Yes, I am seeing this forum die off again. ;-) I figured a "Your Most Beautiful Garden Pic" thread would be awesome. =) I (along with many others, i'm sure) love pretty flowers, veggies or whatever! Post it. I know many of y'all have very pretty gardens. Pick your fave from when ever, but from your own garden. =) Can be multiple pics/angles/views of same flower/veggie/branch. I'll start...

My first, and only (so far) Indian Princess Nasturtium flower:

{{gwi:36446}}

Comments (20)

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

There are always certain dead periods on GW. We'll go through weeks where there is little activity but it always picks back up.

After ten years, I still can't figure out how to posts pics on here. I've done it a couple of times but I'm severely IT challenged!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jeff: Are you posting pics from Photobucket or some other online picture storage site or do you just have them on your computer? It's not too complicated. I am an IT guy, so I can help. =) I'll copy the directions from a thread another gardener & I run on the Growing Tomatoes forum. Let me know where your photos are at & if you still need help, we can go from there. Here are those directions:

NOTE: I have used special characters to make the show up in the instructions below. Normally, you will not see that line, only your picture.

"To post your photo, use the following code:
    &ltimg src="http://www.example.com/yourphoto.jpg">;

Replace the Web address above with the URL of your image.

NOTE: If you use an image hosting service such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc, do not copy the Web page URL; copy the image URL. You get the image URL by right-clicking on the image, not by selecting the text in your browser's address bar. Your image URL should end with an image extension, such as .jpg or .gif

If you have the image editing capability, try to keep your photos to 200kb or smaller, for the sake of those with slow internet connection."

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

Here are a couple shots form my garden.

Tiger swallowtail butterfly on my butterfly bush.

Tomatoes!

Isn't that a beautiful picture?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Steve's instructions got messed up. Replace the first three characters of the code line with a Darnit, there's a way to type out those first three characters without having them become code, but I can't remember how right now. Steve, Mr. IT Guy, how do you do that? What's the HTML code for don't execute the following characters? I even googled an HTML primer and don't see it anywhere.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I forgot the ; at the end of Let's try again...lol...

To post your photo, use the following code:
    < img src="http://www.example.com/yourphoto.jpg"; >

Replace the Web address above with the URL of your image.

NOTE: If you use an image hosting service such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc, do not copy the Web page URL; copy the image URL. You get the image URL by right-clicking on the image, not by selecting the text in your browser's address bar. Your image URL should end with an image extension, such as .jpg or .gif

If you have the image editing capability, try to keep your photos to 200kb or smaller, for the sake of those with slow internet connection

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

My garden isn't beautiful...yet! :D But I'll play anyway.

Here is my new favorite flower. Green Jewel Echinacea. I love this soooomuch!
    {{gwi:249144}}

This daylily knocked my socks off with its green throat! Unfortunately, NOID:
    {{gwi:855325}}

I've just been sticking perennials in the foundation bed wherever there happens to be room. This, I thought, was a fortunate pairing, and I'll probably try to keep them close together when I move them. It is, from top, Radiant Simplicity daylily, Mini Pearl daylily, Sundown Echinacea and Apricot Delight Achillea:
    {{gwi:254972}}

Here's the new "white garden" that we did earlier this spring. Doesn't look like much yet, but I think it has awesome potential. Everything either blooms in white or has very light colored/gray foilage.
    {{gwi:254973}}

• madmouser
    14 years ago

This is for those who think you need a big pond for a water garden. This is in an old washtub. Ione gave me the water lily at a swap a couple of years ago. It produced a lot of leaves, this is the first year it flowered. It's so gorgeous. It just bloomed for a second time.
    {{gwi:1288388}}

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

{{gwi:31355}}
    {{gwi:31354}}
    {{gwi:31351}}
    {{gwi:31352}}

{{gwi:30407}}
    {{gwi:30385}}
    {{gwi:30377}}
    jim_6b

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

madmouser, that's cool! And I never would have thought to do a water garden in a small container. Do you have to have a filter or pump or something to aerate the water?

• madmouser
    14 years ago

Nope. I do drop in Mosquito killer things to keep those nasties out and they seem to work well.
    I will put water fountains or drippers in most of the ponds once I get an electrical connection out there.
    Water gardens are the best. No weeding. No watering. Just plant and enjoy. I've got quite a few tubs filled with water plants, all from swaps.
    And the birds love the water and visit often, stopping to eat any bugs they see so my slug problem has disappeared.

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Hmmm. I may have to try this!! Thanks mm!

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

Just a few. Been behind in getting my garden images up this year. (Click to embiggen)

Young Echinacea...

Back of the house...

Northwest corner...

Near the parking skirt...

And finally, the new pergola. It is coming along nicely.

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

Joe What is the tall bronzey colored plant in back of house picture by the bird feeder.

Pat

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Gorgeous pictures gang! Joe your pergola is really rocking now!

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

I agree, that pergola is to die for! Truly gorgeous!

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

Pat: That is a patio peach. I also have a few sunflowers in there from dropped bird feed.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. But I have to give God the credit. I'm just a gardener.

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

Connie,Im totally in love with your green jewel echinacea.I just love that color.

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

These are clickable thumbnails
    {{gwi:29747}}
    {{gwi:29749}}
    I thought I would add some more pics. These were taken several years ago but I still grow them. The first one is a Dracunculus vulgaris and the second one is a Sauromatum venosum. They are usually refered to as voodoo lilys. The blooms smell like rotting flesh. Not for everyone I suppose.
    jim_6b

• cottagegirl_tn
    14 years ago

I love this post. Pic one is my purple tire planter...I have enjoyed the coolness of the white impatiens and caladium. Pic 2 is the porch of my potting shed and pic 3 is the thrift store find of the summer, my soda chair turned planter.
    Jen

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Jen, I love the color you painted your tire planter. The white is a beautiful contrast to it. Everyones pics are awesome!

Sponsored