Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The July (vegetable) garden

Posted by wonderpets 7 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 14, 09 at 22:34

This is my second year gardening, unless you count one year with tomato plants when we lived in GA. I helped my dad in his garden growing up, but I don't remember many of the details.

That being said, I was wondering what you are doing in the garden right now? Other than harvesting cucumbers and checking for ripe tomatoes.

Most of my garden went in around mother's day, so I'm getting cucumbers, pole beans, and zuchini. Any day now, the tomatoes should start turning. My yellow bell peppers are teasing me -- one has several fruit. And I have one little watermelon growing on a volunteer vine.

Even though I'm just now harvesting what's out there, it seems like it's time to make some plans for the fall garden.

Gena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The July (vegetable) garden

I picked a cantaloupe yesterday and am salivating over two 'Moon and Stars' watermelons that look close to picking! I've been picking cherry tomatoes all over, and a couple larger slicing tomatoes. The squash is about done, I need to plant more but the borers keep getting them. It's getting close to time to start planting for fall so I'm planning where to put things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here