Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

It's coming up fast

bigorangevol
15 years ago

We now have about 70 days or 1,700 hours or 102,097 minutes to get ready for the fall MTPS at Henry Horton State Park on Saturday, October 18th. at 8:00 a.m. over by the river on the North side of the park. ThatÂs like 10 weeks guys; my dang blood-pressure jumped just considering about it!

ItÂs time for yaÂll to start thinking about what youÂre gonna bring; what you would like to have; getting the jump on transplanting; maybe going ahead and reserving a room, cabin or campsite at HHSP; what all of my very favorite foods are you know, the real important stuff.

70 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes....

Comments (20)

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Dang it, we won't be there again! The Boy Scout troop Dakota belongs to are vending at the Cross Eyed Cricket Campground all that weekend at the Clinch River Knap-in. One of these days, we'll make it out there in the fall.

Y'all have fun!

Rebecca

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hate that Bec!!! Ya'll will be missed.

68 days and counting folks. I'm already collecting seeds and looking at the yard trying to figure out what needs to be split/divided and there's a bunch of it.

If you've never been to The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap before then feel free to email me with any questions and please check out all the information on our website at: http://www.midtnplantswap.com/

We had an excellent turn-out for the spring swap and everybody had a great time so make plans to be at Henry Horton State Park on Saturday, Oct. 18th.

Remember, if you need a place to crash, HHSP has a hotel, cabins and campsites for rent. All the info for that is on our website too. If you are staying overnite at the Park then make sure you let them know that you are with the MTPS group.

I'll be posting a lot more info about the upcoming MTPS in the weeks to come so keep your eyes peeled.

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Man, I really wish I could make it to this. With a new yard I am in need of everything! :) I could even go and rob my old yard of some things to swap (my aunt bought our previous house). But, that weekend is the same as the Chattanooga Obedience trial, and we always show the dogs there. Maybe we will be able to make the one in the spring.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Connie the Show-N-Go is in September!

Oops, just saw where the OCC Obedience and Rally is that weekend.

The GoldenÂs and the Bernese rock!!!

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Hey, check you out! Are you following this stuff, or did you just go to the Web site and find out? Either way, I'm impressed. :)

I totally would come if it wasn't that weekend. I am so impatient to get my yard to a place where I pull in the driveway and have some eye candy to look at. Something other than 20 year old euonymous bushes and boxwood shells that have been trimmed to within an inch of their life (literally, an inch). LOL!

The Chattanooga show is our very favorite, though, of all the ones we go to during the year. The people down there are just SO nice, and the show is extremely well-run, they always seem to have really nice judges, and the boys seem to show well there.

Now that I've said that, watch: Both boys will NQ (screw up and be disqualified) on Saturday, and I'll be saying, "ARGH! I should have gone to the plant swap!!!" LOL!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hit the site but I use to go to tons of field trials with the Pointers and Retrievers. I love my doggies!!! We raised Goldens most of my life and my Granddad & uncles raised the English & Old Danish Pointers. My last water dog, five years ago, was a Flat-Coat. When I met Lavonne I also inherited a Border with the marriage. Now we have a Basenji/Fox Terrier mix that is a rescue pup. I have friends that show so we try and go to a few shows now and then. Never miss Westminster, Eukanuba or The National either.

BUTÂweÂve only got 49 days before the MTPS!!! Only three people have bothered to register and nobody seems to be jacked-up as much as I am. One of these days IÂm gonna "volunteer" somebody to take my place like Jan & Mona did me. I know you guys are just as excited about the MTPSÂs as I am so letÂs hear some chatter, go to the website and register and tell me what youÂre going to bring for me to eat.

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

That is so cool! Did I tell you one of mine is a Flat-Coat? One more off-topic comment: Next time there is a show at Williamson Co. Ag., I'll give you a heads up! :)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Email me some pics!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

We'll have to have a big get-together at the next show at the Ag center, or at Nashville. :-) I didn't show this past year, but I really need to put more titles on some of my dogs -- and now that I'm so close to so many more shows, I don't have much excuse!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

46 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes and we'll be at HHSP swapping plants. If you are planning on camping or roughing it in a hotel you had better get those reservations done ASAP.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

44 days, 12 hours.

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

amazin, what do you show your dogs in? This is really exciting to me, to find gardeners who are also dog lovers! :D

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

I was training director for the Oak Ridge Kennel Club until I moved. :-) I show in obedience and rally, and every once in awhile I pretend that I'm gonna train something in agility. ;-) I've also done a tiny tiny bit of tracking, but I'm MUCH too lazy for all those early mornings!

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

You were?!?! Wow!! That is SO awesome! I have never shown at Oak Ridge, but a lot of our club members have and they really seem to like that show. Why don't you come visit our club, NDTC? Have you ever been there?

I just finished Rally Excellent with both boys, and they each have one leg towards their CDs. I am relatively new to showing - the boys are four, and I've only been showing them a couple of years. I've been training Angus, the Lab, for four years, and Simon, the FCR, for three. I've always been interested in training, since I was a little girl, but I never did anything about it until we got Angus. He was such a bad little naughty puppy (LOL), I was forced to seek help! I started taking classes with him - he liked it, I liked it, and we've been there ever since. :)

You know what I have been doing with Angus that is SO much fun? Freestyle. We have taken a couple of classes. I have never seen him enjoy something as much.

They have a tracking class at our club, but you're right, it's always so early in the morning I've never taken it. :)

OK, sorry to babble on and keep hijacking this thread! I'm sorry Jeff! :) I'm just so excited about meeting fellow dog people.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Connie -- I'm planning to check out both the NDTC and the MOTC, probably starting this next month. I hope to see you there!

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Come on by! I am there on Tuesdays this session (through mid-October) from 8-9. I will either have a yellow Lab or a Flat Coated Retriever, and we're in the back ring. :)

MOTC seems like a very good club too.

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Hey Jeff, I'm talking to my Mom on the phone and I think she's coming to the swap. She's with the Davidson Co. Master Gardeners. I sent her the link to the swap site. :) She's thinking about bringing cannas and banana trees.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sounds great; send her our way!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

36 days, 20 hours and 22 minutes may seem like a long time away but it's CRUNCH TIME for me!

If you plan on transplanting stuff it's time to get on the stick.

If you are planning on spending the night then you need to make your reservations...last week!

I can remind ya'll everyday but if you put it off you'll be kicking yourself in four weeks.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

29 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes

Sponsored