Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grading/Excavating Help

Posted by s_d_a TN (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 12:43

I'm new to the forum and live in Knoxville. I am having an extreme problem with water running into my basement and need to find someone that does quality grading work who can also add and mix in some much needed topsoil in my backyard. I obviously would prefer someone reasonably priced, but care more about them understanding how to fix run off problems and doing quality work so I only have to do this one time. Does anyone know of a company that fits this bill? I would so appreciate any feedback you could offer. I am trying to get this done soon so that my yard can be overseeded for the fall. THANKS!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grading/Excavating Help

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 13:10

Welcome to the forum SDA!

I'm uncertain of the exact nature of the work you are wanting done, but will give you a contact anyway. Give Travis at Lewelling Excavating a call at 216-1819. He's done work for me and has been very reasonable. Travis is a really nice guy and easy to work with.

One thing I will STRESS is to get at least three estimates and opinions! From what you say, it sounds like you have a potentially serious problem, and you don't want to just accept what one person says without confirmation. You might also get at least one estimate from a contractor that specifically specializes in water damage and drainage issues.

o
RE: Grading/Excavating Help

This is what my son does but he is in Middle TN and you are too far away. He water-proofed my basement last year - we have water run off from the whole neighborhood! i wish you could talk to him, he knows so much about how this should be done. Lots of people do it wrong and you will damage your foundation. email me kgreen1011@yahoo.com and maybe I can hook you up to at least get some info on how you need to proceed.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden tips for small spaces

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here