Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazindirttn

Fall swaps?

Amazindirt (7a TN)
16 years ago

Yes, I know it's early. But I've been potting lots of stuff, and my mind has naturally turned to thoughts of swapping.

Who's planning to have swaps this fall? Who's planning on attending? What are folks looking for? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comments (9)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

For everyone in the Knoxville and 500 mile radius area (-; the Knoxville/East Tennessee Fall Plant Swap is scheduled for Saturday October 13 at Admiral Farragut Park in West Knoxville. Hopefully, we'll have over 50 attendees. Everyone that stayed home during the spring swap, because of the torrential rainstorm, needs to come out and swap this time.

Here is a link that might be useful: EastTnPlantSwap.com

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Be there or be square! :-)

I'll probably have tons of stuff at the ETN swap. Hardy orchids, anyone? Scented geraniums? Earth stars (dyckias)?

I dunno if I'll be able to get to the mid-TN swap,though -- I've got an event the next day that I probably need to go to, and I'd be WAAAAAAY too tired if I drove all the way to the swap and back the day before. We'll see.

How about you Chatt folks? Ya gonna have a fall swap, or come to our ETN swap, or both? Cmon down!

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

The MTPS is always the third Saturday in October and the Saturday before Memorial/Decoration Day. Doug Holder, President of the East Tennessee Daylily Society, GW member and all-round good guy will be our Guest Lecturer at the Spring MTPS. You don't want to miss that!!!

Doc where have you been anyway?

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, I've been wondering where YOU were. ;-)

I've been doing other stuff most of the spring and summer. Heck, I only started potting plants a coupla weeks ago -- I've done hardly anything with the yard since March. Just today I potted up two starter shrubs that I got at the spring ETN swap, that have been sitting there in PLASTIC BAGS since the swap! Arg.

• farmerbell
    16 years ago

Hey, Jeff, I thought Doug was speaking at the Fall swap. Has this changed?

Ann

• intimidator_3
    16 years ago

Hey, that makes two of us. Im not speaking at two in a row now Jeff ;^)

Doug

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

I guess it depends on how good of a job you do at the Spring Swap! We may need a return engagement; you know...Doug Holder back by popular demand. Marty has done two!

See, your plant swap secretary is a total moron; not that it's breaking news or anything. I can't even keep track of which swap I'm talking about in a three sentence paragraph!

• maternut
    16 years ago

Wait until you are my age Jeff. You won't know where the paragraph is.

• atokadawn
    16 years ago

I have tons of seeds too........

Sponsored