Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

**** Fall 2014 East Tennessee Plant Swap ****

The Fall 2014 East Tennessee Plant Swap will be held at New Harvest Park, 4775 New Harvest Lane, Knoxville, TN 37918 on Saturday, October 11, 2014. Setup will begin at 9:30am. Swapping will begin at 10:00am. We will have a pot-luck lunch at around 11:30am or noon. Please make plans now to come join the fun on swap day! As always, newbies are especially invited to attend. There are always plenty of plants in need of good homes, fellow friendly plant addicts excited about trading, and the best food around. Even if you don't have much to offer for trade, PLEASE come, make new friends, and be prepared to leave with lots of awesome stuff!

The swap is entirely free and absolutely nothing will be sold, but it does cost the coordinators a little to reserve the park and pay for hosting services for the website. A donation of two or three dollars per person, with a maximum of five dollars per family, would help us cover these expenses.

Find more details about the swap at the website, www.easttnplantswap.com. Also, consider posting your haves/wants on the Forum. Closer to the time of the swap, the Forum will be buzzing with activity. I hope to see you at the swap!

Comments (7)

• Christi526
    9 years ago

I am planning to attend, I am very new to Garden Web, and fairly new to this area. I am moving in about 2 weeks or so and I am not sure that I can bring anything to swap, as I am potting stuff now to move with me and don't want to double shock anything. I am moving from Hawkins County Tn up to Bristol Tn and will be able to expand my garden significantly. For now I am not sure what I am looking for to put in my yard. I have a great interest in edibles, herbs and I especially like anything that is fragrant. I will likely spend this winter getting to know my new yard and deciding what i can do with it.

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

I've been trying to get an account for the Knoxville Plant Swap and been unsuccessful. I am planning on attending this swap. In particular I could use help finding these.

Spicebush - Lindera Benzoin
    Elderberry- Sambucus
    Carolina Allspice Shrub - Calycanthus floridus
    Coralberry - Symphoricarpos orbiculatus
    Serviceberry/Shadbush - Amelanchier
    Virgina Sweetspire - Itea virginica

I'd like to do some planting for my birds and butterflies.
    Thank you,
    Promise

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Promise, your request from yesterday was approved, yesterday. I'm curious as to what problems you encountered. I haven't had anyone else mention having issues getting signed up. If you are still having problems, please let me know.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One month to go until the swap. Consider posting your have and want lists on the swap forum at the ETPS website, linked above.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I thought I'd bump this up as a reminder. If you're coming to the swap, consider at least posting your intention to come on the forum at www.easttnplantswap.com.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The swap will go on, rain or shine. We have an excellent pavilion that will take care of protecting us from the rain.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This time I was a little worried that we wouldn't have many swappers. Many of our regulars couldn't make it due to numerous scheduling conflicts. Also, rain was predicted.

Despite all that, we had a very good swap! We had either 19 or 23 in attendance (I don't remember if I counted before or after the last four people arrived). There were many interesting plants and lots of friendly gardeners. Many of which were new to our swap. The rain held off, and the weather was very comfortable.

I found homes for just about everything I brought and found plenty of interesting stuff to bring home. I brought more than I thought I was going to, but, thanks to a few people with plenty of room to plant stuff, almost every orphan plant found a new guardian.

Sponsored