Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janice91

Weed Control

janice91
16 years ago

I would appreciate any solutions. At the end of the front yard there is gravel that goes from the road down to a drainage ditch. Of course, the weeds love it. My husband has been weed wacking them, but they are unsightly. I recently killed them with some "pet and child friendly" weed killer. Now I have brown, dead weeds to look at. Just on the other side of the ditch at the end of our front yard, is a row of knockout roses that are blooming just beautifully and these ugly, dead weeds just detract from their appearance.

We thought about trying to put top soil down over the gravel and seeding with grass but are concerned that the steepness of the ditch would prevent using the riding lawn mower there and then the grass will have to be weed wacked.

My husband has just been diagnosed with a very serious illness and his energy is failing. I use a crutch to get around and it would be impossible for me to care for this part of the property with a weed wacker. We're trying not to hire outside help. Any ideas how to get this section looking decent and keeping it that way with minimal care?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored
More Discussions