13 years ago

I haven't seen any this summer!

Comments (15)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

If I see any, I'll send them your way (-:

• jim_6b
    13 years ago

We had a few but not as many as we usually have.
    jim_6b

• paperart
    13 years ago

I think the Japanese Beetles ate them all. Seriously, I haven't seen any either but we did have JB way longer than usual. Butterflies were late getting here and I have seen way too few honey bees.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

• jim_6b
    13 years ago

Very few June bugs, Japanese beetles and even mosquitoes. I have not seen any aphids on my tomatoes or any squash vine borers. Lots of butterflies and bumble bees. I'm loving it!

jim_6b

• basketcase1212
    13 years ago

A few weeks ago I was walking my dogs.the fields.Just like when I was younger. were full of june bugs.WHERE HAVE THEY GONE?

• ilazria
    13 years ago

They may have all been in my yard. I had my husband chop down the crab apple tree that was growing by our back deck because it was covered in Japanese Beetles again. I'd hit it with a stick and watch hundreds of them fly off... while running to get away from them *shudder*

• brian30024_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I live in near Atlanta, GA and have not seen any June bugs this year either. What happened to all the june bugs?

• anntn6b
    12 years ago

They are all on my hillside. South facing, dense enough that I decapitated five of them yesterday. Just because I could and they were slow moving.

When we had the bad drought two years in a row, many of them couldn't make it out of the heavy clay. Now they've filled in from surrounding areas.

Darn.

• MeTooMama
    12 years ago

Are june bugs a good thing? I am very, very new to this gardening thing... so far all bugs freak me out a little lol

• tngreenthumb
    12 years ago

Regular June Bugs (the bigger ones) have never really presented themselves as a problem that I know of. Japanese Beetles (look like June Bugs only smaller) are definitely destructive.

Also, June Bugs usually don't show up until July here in Tennessee. Go figure...

• lavernialadybug
    12 years ago

The June bugs are all here in Texas. The problems come with their Larva which are grum worms which will destroy the roots of grass and other plants. I'll ship some your way if you would like along with any size of grasshopper you choose. My daughter and her family just moved to Mount Juliet, TN and she was telling me about how green everything there is. We have a very severe drought here. Can you please send us some rain.

• anntn6b
    12 years ago

June Bugs will destroy a peach crop. I've also seen them go after overripe tomatoes.
    I had one cat who really hated them because they buzzed at her elevation and she took being hit by buzzing bugs as a personal affront.

• lavernialadybug
    12 years ago

I meant to say grub worms (not grum)

• tomatoworm59
    12 years ago

Come to think of it, I have not seen any that I can think of. They're normally all over the metroplex and hit windows/screen hard at night, drawn to the light. When they hit pavement, they usually tilt on their heads, buzz and spin. I'll bet they inspired the first 'break dancing,' too.

Three years ago, cicadas were hard to find in Oklahoma.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner