Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

MTPS Registration

bigorangevol
15 years ago

54 days

Guys I need yaÂll to start hitting the website and registering ASAP.

http://www.midtnplantswap.com/registration/registration.html

Comments (26)

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Needs a "Recurring Registration" option for some of us....

Heading there now.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've only had three so far! C'mon ya'll let's not dilly-dally.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

One more makes four and three of those are first-timers. Stat Counter came in this morning and 51 first-timers visited the website in August.

Ya'll I really hate having to beg but I need you to register so I know what and how many to expect as well as having you on our list. Bec really has worked like a Trojan to make our site awesome and this keeps us from having to register you at the swap (which has always been a pain in the rear) backing up traffic which keeps us from swapping earlier. I can go back to having everyone register when they pull in but I don't think that ya'll want to do that. PLEASE help me out on this!!!

It takes less than a minute to register so please go to http://www.midtnplantswap.com/ and do the deed.

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Here, I'll make it even easier.

MTPS Registration Page

• gaijingirl
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I'm new here...just found this board (and am super excited about it, because I've been wishing for awhile that I could find something specifically geared towards gardening in TN!)

I'm really interested in the MTPS...but my concern is that I don't have anything to bring! We're young newlyweds, who just bought our first house 8 months ago, and it's new construction, so I'm sure you can guess how great our yard looks....

I'm really excited and ambitious about landscaping and gardening, but I'm really new at it all...on top of that, I grew up in Canada, so what I saw growing up is a bit different than here.

I'm trying to start growing things in my terrible, horrible soil...which I'm sure I will need advice from the knowledgeable people on here about what to do about, but until then, the only thing I really have is rocks.

I do have a lot of rocks. I could almost say I grow those....big rocks....little rocks....in fact I built a 94 ft. wall with my rocks this summer. Would anyone trade me a plant for a rock?
    Probably most people in MT have enough of their own rocks already, right? haha.

Anyway, if I don't have anything to bring, but I want to participate, should I go buy something to bring? I wonder if I'd look a bit silly doing that, since everyone else will be there with their own plants they actually grew!

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Come on Down!

I can gurantee you won't leave empty handed. The Fall swap isn't as big as the Spring one usually, but there will surely be some extras floating around. (I can pretty much gurantee you'll leave with an Angel Trumpet cutting...just ask anyone who's been.)

And the knowledge gained and friends made are nothing to sneeze at either. Have a look at Last Spring's swap to get an idea of what you're in for!

Welcome to Tennessee!

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Jeff, I was dilly-dallying around and decided to register. I wouldn't dream of missing it. Rhonda

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you to the 10 that have registered. Now if I can just get the other 50-100 of you do follow their lead.

Norman Layne where are you?
    Doc?
    Mariandretti?

G-girl don't worry; the last thing that you will be at The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap is a foreigner. We may have to make you change that screen name! (For that matter, after Monday night I may change mine!) Go visit our website at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/. Register while you are there!!! We'll hook you up with plenty of stuff at the swap. If you don't have anything to trade, don't sweat it. Just bring some good vittles. Check out the link to Joe's pics; don't get scared-off by the ugly fat guy in the UT cap and Navy SEAL sweatshirt...he's harmless.

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

I tried to register but it wont let me.Remember last time I registered 26 times and didnt know it.I will be there!

• msbatt
    15 years ago

Am I registered already? (*grin*)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

I dunno yet, Jeff. You can pretty much count on me for spring, but I'm not nearly settled in yet and I'm still feeling more than a bit overwhelmed.

OTOH, I just started digging up daylilies from the Knoxville house this afternoon, so you never know. I'm just gonna have to take another coupla weeks at least to assess my mental and physical status!

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Velvet, your registration came through - about 20 times, LOL! It is so strange that it only happens with you.

Rebecca

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

C'mon guys! I don't ask ya'll for much but I do need you to help me out with this. I can't register for you.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well it looks like we're going to have the smallest group ever at the fall MTPS; only 13 of you have registered.

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

I love the more intimate setting of the fall swaps. Yes there are usually less people than the spring crowd but no less intertaining or informative than the spring.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I agree but that wasn't my point! :-)

Should I start paying people to register?

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

IMHO you should just take a deep breath and relax. There's nothing wrong with having a small swap, and people shouldn't feel pressured into attending a swap. There's no reason that every single swap has to be huge or even large.

Take deep cleansing breaths, Jeff. ;-)

• burwoodbelle
    15 years ago

HELLO.
    I have just registered for my first swap.Ihave some plants and seeds and also plan to clean out my goat barns'
    does any one want manure.

PAT L.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Manure should go like GOLD!!! Bring a trailer full and I'll bring the contractor trash bags.

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Psst....Got some goood sh...smelly manue.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Acapulco Goat Gold? WeÂre spiraling down to new lows here. Visions of Tommy and Cheech in "Up In Smoke".

I got to sit in MarinÂs Â55 Bel Air last week; the one that was in "Nice Dreams". Sweet ride in mint condition!!! I looked in the trunk, glove compartment, under and between the seats nothing, it was clean.

Check it out: http://www.superchevy.com/features/trifive/sucp_0302_1955_chevy_bel_air/photo_01.html & http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/chassisNum.aspx?carID=1859&iDNumID=4302

• juantia
    15 years ago

At the spring MTPS, I traded for a Thai eggplant. I was so excited to try something new. I canÂt believe it is over six feet tall. Sometime in August I noticed that it had flowered. I just took a peek and it has tiny marbles on it, HURRAY!!!! Talk about a plant taking its time. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to harvest/cook it?
    I also would like to apologies to anyone who I traded a canna that was orange or yellow. I gave a few to my mom and they came up red? IÂm not sure how it happened I only have orange and yellow cannas.
    I donÂt know if I can make it this fall, I have the date marked in my calendar but things are still up in the air.
    Juanita

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That is so cool!

See this is what I mean by getting stuff at the MTPS that you would never get at a box store and might not find at the local nurseries either.

I love to eat fried eggplant with some horseradish or wasabee. Mmmmmmmmmm.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

I got a pipe vine from someone at the swap and it started opening up the pipes this week. Really cool plant!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you to the 17 people that have bothered to registered.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Marianne, your #18! I appreciate any cooperation I can get at this point.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES