Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
West Tn gardeners!!!!!!

Posted by atokadawn 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 23:55

We need to set this date so John can ask the church for us.
Is the 25th okay or not?
Who is ready to do the swap? I know my poor plants look pitiful. But will always have something to bring....

How about if I bring a BIG pot of Chilli this time. Sound good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: West Tn gardeners!!!!!!

I still like the 25th of September.

o

I thought we settled that. I won't be there (a favorite niece is getting married that day in Columbia) but I'm gonna send my plants via Leigh or Lani. I haven't told Brenda yet (you know, she's our speaker) that I'm gonna have to not come, but I'm sure she'll still speak. Will call her today.

o

John, please lock the date for us............

o

We are confirmed
25 September 2010

o

Thank You John!

Now...........
Let the fun begin.
Who is coming and what ya looking for?

Shall I bring chilli?

o

Bring on the chili!

I plan to bring beautyberry starts (Lani, I'm saving some for you). I've gotta look around & see what else is out there.

-Jennifer

o

I will be there!!! I will bring some cornbread to go with that chili. Don't know that I will have much plant wise. Gonna try to start some porter weed tomorrow, but you have to keep it in for the winter. Last year Leigh gave me 2 pieces and I kept them in water all winter and now I have a big place in my garden, I mean weed bed of them, butterflies and hummers love it!!!!

o

I will be bringing everyones Banana Trees and some rooted Cuban Oregano that makes a beautiful potted plant. It has to stay inside for the winter also. I may have something else to bring, not sure yet. Jackie

o

Guess I'll make brownies.
As for plants, a friend of mine is moving into a new house and she has two shrubs that look like sky pencil hollies. I think she will get rid of them.
I will have those boring old coleus cuts again. Not much else.

o

Time to party!

I have a few things to bring. have dug and potted some dinner plate hibiscus.Plus several other things. Looks like a slow time for us all with the nasty heat and dry this year. But that is okay, we made it! And will be happy to see everyone!

See you next week!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here